Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Mission Palm 90?

Guest GA Flyer

I'm looking for the mission palm 90 but cant find it anywhere. Does anybody know where to get it?

Somewhere at the bottom of this article:http://www.flightsimx.co.uk/fsx/free-new-mission-for-fsx/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest GA Flyer

Its a link to a dead link. I cant find it at FSX missions and wonder if its been pulled from release? Does anybody have a file of it to share?

Guest GA Flyer

Did the authur get the job at ACES and take the mission with him to be put in FSX-A? Is that why its no longer available?

Guest fsxmissionguy

The author of this mission is alive and well, and no ... the mission won't be in FSX Acceleration!This mission will always be free for download.You can still get it here:http://www.box.net/shared/q8t46n4hkqCheers,Kevin D. Greene(PS: fsxmissions.blogspot.com is in semi-retirement. It may come back one day, but alas, time considerations kept me from being able to keep it updated enough to make the site interesting.)

Guest psionmark

I've now updated FlightSimX with the new link.Cheers,Mark

Guest GA Flyer

I downloaded it and installed it but it freezes when I try to select it in the missions page. Since it was released before the SP1 could that be the problem?It wont load the mission detail info, freezes and then causes FSX to shut down.

Guest fsxmissionguy

GA,You know, I haven't flown the mission since SP1 ... I'll try tonight and let you know what I find.However, there's nothing special about the mission that should cause it to crash your FSX. There's nothing added or subtracted from the default RTM.Question: Are you participating in the Acceleration beta program, or have otherwise significantly tweaked your install?Kevin

Guest GA Flyer

Kevin, I renamed my FSX folder to FSX SP1 did a repair install which basically gave me another new FSX folder. Then I placed Palm 90 in it and it worked. So it does seem either the SP1 or installing after the SP1 causes a problem. Im not sure in having the mission in FSX before updating to SP1 will cause a problem since I didnt have it in the folder before SP1. Hope this helps.As far as tweaks, only FSUIPC and Utilmate Traffic, otherwise a default folder. As for Beta tester, I dont think I would be able to say yeah or ney even if I was...or am I ?! :-wink2

Guest fsxmissionguy

GA,I just reran the mission, as I've had it built since before SP1, on a machine I use to develop which has no other third-party applications on it ... and had no problems. Perhaps a gremlin crept into your FSX folder from one of the other third-party application installations?Any rate ... I hope you enjoy flying this mission as much as I did creating it.Cheers,Kevin