Sign in to follow this  
nas123

4 issues still not fixed 2.5 years into MSFS lifespan

Any new news as to whether the AI Traffic overhaul is going to be for Su12? Remember seeing something along those lines during one of the development updates.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

A gripe of mine, which I raised one month after release was to display UTC in the 24hr format or at least, being offered this option in preferences. One followup request 12 months ago, still waiting - how hard could it be.

• Like 1

steve southey

Still no cirrus clouds. I think I brought this up in the first tech alpha. 🙃

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Real, actual PAUSE. (that stops everything, weather, the clock, fuel burn) like in every other video game since 1980

• Like 6

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

The bug that annoys me most is that ugly horizon line which can be seen through the mountains in certain conditions... 

• Like 1

Someone mentioned that ATC and AI was "as bad" as in FSX. I would say considerably worse. At least FSX had a reasonable choice of voices and they sounded a lot more convincing than the current Azure lot, and even the phraseology was marginally better. The persons "in charge" of the release-MSFS ATC clearly had not even looked over a very basic FAA/CAA guide to phraseology, both freely available.

As to AI, FSX allowed a relatively inexperienced user to very quickly create AI flight plans for any airport or group of airfields they wished and for any kind of aircraft, using easy to run tools, and they worked. It cannot be that difficult for Asobo to get this solved, even in a half workable way. But instead they have spent most of their man hours producing more scenery. FSX also had sliders for both commercial AND GA traffic and they worked.

ATC and AI are surely at the core of any decent sim.

FSX also had a turbulence slider (yes sorry to revisit this!).

Edited by robert young
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

If only my list was 4 issues long with MSFS ... sadly it's MUCH longer and it's the main reason I still use P3D.  There are so many issues in MSFS that just aren't being addressed it's no wonder they have a pretty bad rating in MS own store.

What I find strange is MSFS users saying P3D is dead ... when I go to SimMarket I see a long long list of new P3D products going back to 2020 and titles being released regularly.

I consider myself to have pretty good patience ... but 2.5 years in and MSFS still so many bugs/issues.  I turn OFF the AI and ATC in MSFS, just not worth wasting time and FPS on.

Are we ever going to get a fully functional weather radar?  A working pause?  No CTDs when a USB device disconnects?  Weather that stays accurate for entire duration of flight?  I just feel like it's just hasn't evolved into a simulator and still very much a "look at my house" game.  Visually more filling, but no depth at all.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

I just feel like it's just hasn't evolved into a simulator and still very much a "look at my house" game.  Visually more filling, but no depth at all.

Here we go again with the distortions.

Default A310

Citation Longitude with AAU1

--> "no depth at all"?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Silicus said:

May I add: (some have been posted above, but all of these are pet peeves of mine)

- photogrammetry looks still terrible most of the time

- airport vehicles drive on taxiways

- very limited cloud type representation

- sudden wind/pressure changes, especially at FL240 and above, which regularly disconnects AP

- Premium Deluxe aircraft are a joke (787, 747)

- live traffic is one big misery, I have to use PSXT and RealTraffic (which are excellent)

- PAPPI on most airports do not line up with ILS

- sun visible through overcast

- road/runways/taxiways covered in snow

- green roads

- unrealistic road traffic (semi truck going up and down a cul-de-sac for example)

let’s not forget snow! Frozen water in the middle of summer and frozen see when’s 10 degrees C… Snow covered alpine valleys in June when its 25C and of course permafrost at Milford Sound. Who said global warming was a thing? At least in MSFS.

Hey but the sim still looks great in spite of this  - yes I use some workarounds for snow - Xenviro. but I had to buy it…

10 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Real, actual PAUSE. (that stops everything, weather, the clock, fuel burn) like in every other video game since 1980

Just hit escape, then resume when done?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Just hit escape, then resume when done?

Believe it or not, even that doesn't stop everything

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

5 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

Believe it or not, even that doesn't stop everything

I didn't know that.  What keeps running?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Goodness me, we do all love something to moan at, don't we? Something to worry about. I mean the last 4 years have been a dream for all of us worriers and moaners! And then just to break the routine when everything else just seems to be quietening down we can turn to our hobby and find something else to whine and complain about, life's just not fair! Well I think I have solved that problem. Soooo, when the wife's cooked the spuds for too long or Greta T is holding forth on the TV or ASOBO/MS haven't fixed this or that, just spend 20 minutes watching this video and everything will fall into perspective:-

Here is the most frightening, bowl-loosening, gut-wrenching, fear inducing video you have ever seen. Designed to remove "all" niggles, worries and pedantic behaviour (or your money back). Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you "The Next End Of The World" (in technicolour) arriving between 2030 and 2040....................................

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!