Sign in to follow this  
nas123

4 issues still not fixed 2.5 years into MSFS lifespan

11 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Real, actual PAUSE. (that stops everything, weather, the clock, fuel burn) like in every other video game since 1980

There is a pause and unpause that you can map to in the settings, that will stop the clock and fuel burn, I believe.  But you have to map it manually in settings, by default, it's not mapped.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

13 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Pathfinder: There is an easy fix for unwanted trees using the Developer Mode.  I too like to fly into those grass strips and trees can be a problem. Go here.

YouTube video: 16 MSFS 2020 Easy Tree Removal for Beginners by Patroit Six.   I did and it is easy.

Roy

Thanks for thought, but Im a simple flight simmer not a developer, Im afraid after 10 minutes of that video I lost the will to live.

Im sure its a help for someone though so thanks for sharing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

I just feel like it's just hasn't evolved into a simulator and still very much a "look at my house" game.  Visually more filling, but no depth at all.

You sound like someone who doesn't actually own the sim and your're just regurgitating stuff you've heard.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

22 hours ago, nas123 said:

After 2,5 years MS/ASOBO has still not any soultions for the following 2 issues:

1. Mostly Imperial units

2. Dewpoint always 10.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ops Normal said:

1. Mostly Imperial units

2. Dewpoint always 10.

This

Two things that frustrate me every time I fly are that I can't get the altimetar setting in hPa and that the ATIS dewpoint is always 10 no matter what. Although the METAR and weather engine know it isn't.

3. Default airports are a mess. Bad signs in stupid places, taxi lights that look like they were installed by a drunk in the dark and what on earth is with the jetways? I was messing about with AI in Melbourne last night. A good place to see the problem. The jetways there had me laugh out loud but I see the same problems almost everywhere. Just stuck on the apron and lead nowhere. I can only assume the passengers are teleported into them so they can walk on the plane from there. I don't know why Scotty doesn't just beam them all the way to their seats 😄

4. The camera system. There is plenty wrong with this. You go to external view and are stuck with that fish-eye that you can't correct and it won't let you move closer or further from the plane. It's useless. So you go to "showcase" but that never saves your settings so every time you start the sim you have to set them again so you don't use that either. Whoever is responsible for this camera system should be on rations of bread and water in the staff canteen. It could be really good. It should be. But it isn't.

I would also add the ATC to my list as well but it's so unacceptable that I don't use it and I could add quite a few more things that need resolving that are equally important but you did say 4 after all.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I'd like to reintroduce one that was fixed but got broken again in the latest Beta Build:

Snow on roads. They said they'd fix it, and fixed it. And then another Beta update dropped recently and it is broken again...

The cessna 172 completly loose rudder at 15 knots direct crosswind and weatherwanes into the wind. I know the demonstrated crosswind limit is 15 knots, but that there is artificially no rudder left in that kinda wind, I higly doubt...  Luckily my Piper Arrow wich has 17knots demonstrated crosswind limit only start to loose rudder at 22-23 knots in the sim. So I can live with a default aircraft behaving weird... 

Correct me If Im wrong,,, 

Edited by Kaboki

18 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Real, actual PAUSE. (that stops everything, weather, the clock, fuel burn) like in every other video game since 1980

What's wrong w/ Esc?  I use it nearly daily sometimes for hours, return and resume where I left off.  Never use Active Pause.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

4. The camera system. There is plenty wrong with this. You go to external view and are stuck with that fish-eye that you can't correct and it won't let you move closer or further from the plane. It's useless. So you go to "showcase" but that never saves your settings so every time you start the sim you have to set them again so you don't use that either. Whoever is responsible for this camera system should be on rations of bread and water in the staff canteen. It could be really good. It should be. But it isn't.

I use the drone camera regularly the only thing I miss is fly-by and tower views by simple keypress.  The drone camera moves anywhere easily, actions sped up with the F6 keypress, up/down/away/near the plane, zoom in zoom out etc.  Sometimes during initial approach I will drone ahead and visualize the airport if it's new to me and have never had to set anything again w/ the camera system and it all works quite well and offers control FSX/P3D never had.  This just sounds like more whining to me.  Not perfect, but far far far from "useless".

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Two things that frustrate me every time I fly are that I can't get the altimetar setting in hPa and that the ATIS dewpoint is always 10 no matter what

I set to HPA whenever required.  AS CRJ, PMDG 738, and even that silly 787 HD supports it.

spacer.png

Noel

43 minutes ago, Noel said:

I use the drone camera regularly the only thing I miss is fly-by and tower views by simple keypress.  The drone camera moves anywhere easily, actions sped up with the F6 keypress, up/down/away/near the plane, zoom in zoom out etc.  Sometimes during initial approach I will drone ahead and visualize the airport if it's new to me and have never had to set anything again w/ the camera system and it all works quite well and offers control FSX/P3D never had.  This just sounds like more whining to me.  Not perfect, but far far far from "useless".

Perhaps it would be more useful if you could you point to the part of this that addresses the problems that I wrote about?  Where is the part in your text that explains to me how I can get rid of the fish-eye? or adjust distance in that particular view? Do you have a way of making that view "useful" rather than "useless" to me or anyone else?

I didn't express any difficulty in moving the camera around. I prefer to use a control pad for that but where is the part of your text that informs me how to get it to save the settings such as what kind of zoom I want? Or pan rate or drone speed? The settings that reset every time I start the sim and need to be changed over and over again. I admit, I may have missed it so if you could be gracious enough to tell me where I'm missing it that would be most helpful to me.

It may sound less like whining to you if you acknowledged and responded to what was written rather than to something that wasn't.

Just a thought.

34 minutes ago, Noel said:

I set to HPA whenever required.  AS CRJ, PMDG 738, and even that silly 787 HD supports it.

Yes, thank you but I had been very aware of the function of my 737 but again you miss the point. What does the in sim  ATC give it you as though? There is the problem😉

Do try to understand the issues people are talking about before replying and calling them whingers, please.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

19 minutes ago, Jazz said:

or adjust distance in that particular view?

Quote:  "....it won't let you move closer or further from the plane. It's useless."  +/- keys zoom in Drone camera mode.  And the drone camera moves anywhere.  What are you talking about?  Is it the wide angle you can't live with?

Edited by Noel

Noel

I'm surprised that so few here are bothered by the nearly useless 'save' and 'load' flight functionality.  Before switching to MSFS I could plan a multiple hour GA flight with several waypoints, then make that flight over several 30 to 60 minute sessions on different days.  Now I'm forced to have flights of that last for only 30-60 minutes.  Many have complained about this deficiency on the MSFS forum, but I get the impression that this is not even logged as a problem for the devs.

Yeah, i know there are workarounds but IMO they aren't worth the hassle nor close to the convenience and experience I once enjoyed.

• Like 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

22 minutes ago, Noel said:

You use the + key to zoom in, and the - to zoom out in drone camera mode.  

What are you talking about?  +/- keys zoom in Drone camera mode.  FSX had external zoom decoupled with external plane view zoom, so one could zoom them independently which was valuable to me, but that stopped sometime w/ P3D evolution.  

🙄 Read what is written. Firstly, zoom is not the same as adjusting distance. It's completely different. Adjusting the distance involves moving the camera position and zoom does not. Secondly, that part isn't even about drone cam. Wrong cam.

Look, mate. The OP asked people for 4 things that are still not fixed. I gave them MY four things that are "not fixed". What you are doing here calling me a whinger despite having failed to comprehended the observable problems I have attempted to highlight really rather baffles me. Why you felt the need to pile in with replies that have nothing to do with what I'm talking about I have no idea. So let's just stop it there, shall we?

Edited by Jazz

31 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Perhaps it would be more useful if you could you point to the part of this that addresses the problems that I wrote about?  Where is the part in your text that explains to me how I can get rid of the fish-eye? or adjust distance in that particular view? Do you have a way of making that view "useful" rather than "useless" to me or anyone else?

I didn't express any difficulty in moving the camera around. I prefer to use a control pad for that but where is the part of your text that informs me how to get it to save the settings such as what kind of zoom I want? Or pan rate or drone speed? The settings that reset every time I start the sim and need to be changed over and over again. I admit, I may have missed it so if you could be gracious enough to tell me where I'm missing it that would be most helpful to me.

It may sound less like whining to you if you acknowledged and responded to what was written rather than to something that wasn't.

Just a thought.

Yes, thank you but I had been very aware of the function of my 737 but again you miss the point. What does the in sim  ATC give it you as though? There is the problem😉

Do try to understand the issues people are talking about before replying and calling them whingers, please.

To be fair to the person who replied to that post - You didn't specifically mention it was an issue with the built in ATC system.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29