Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

PSXT Traffic Question

Thanks for all the help on getting my PSXT/Live Traffic up and running correctly.  I do have a question though... Is there a way to disable traffic on landing?  The plane I fly (Fenix) does not show your traffic on the TCAS making it difficult to navigate myself into a pattern... There have been a few times where a plane will over fly me on approach.  Is there a way to turn off planes that are on approach when I am about to land?  Or, if not, any suggestions on how to do successful landings without planes running into you that are flying IRL?  Taxiing can be avoided and I can wait in line for takeoff, but landings have been difficult.  Any help would be awesome.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Thanks for all the help on getting my PSXT/Live Traffic up and running correctly.  I do have a question though... Is there a way to disable traffic on landing?  The plane I fly (Fenix) does not show your traffic on the TCAS making it difficult to navigate myself into a pattern... There have been a few times where a plane will over fly me on approach.  Is there a way to turn off planes that are on approach when I am about to land?  Or, if not, any suggestions on how to do successful landings without planes running into you that are flying IRL?  Taxiing can be avoided and I can wait in line for takeoff, but landings have been difficult.  Any help would be awesome.  

Learn to squeeze between them. It's a lot of fun, especially in EGLL 🙂 

You can block a real live aircraft from appearing in the sim and take its place.

Just fill it its call sign in the GUI. Read more about it in the Manual ( that's why I wrote a Manual ...)

Then you have the same circumstances as the real live pilot and you can show your flying skills 😉

Otherwise I recommend to begin with landings at airports that are not so busy.

Btw: use LittleNavMap for situational  awareness, or the Radar screen of RT.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

You can block a real live aircraft from appearing in the sim and take its place.

Just fill it its call sign in the GUI. Read more about it in the Manual ( that's why I wrote a Manual ...)

Then you have the same circumstances as the real live pilot and you can show your flying skills 😉

Otherwise I recommend to begin with landings at airports that are not so busy.

Btw: use LittleNavMap for situational  awareness, or the Radar screen of RT.

Gotcha.  Thanks again!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive