Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

How can i install " FS2004 only" programs in FSX?

Guest pakket

I have a few payware aircraft from fs2004 that have not yet a patch for FSX who i like to istall in FSX, but cannot because it is blocked by saying "can't find microsoft flight simulator 2004". Is there a way to make these programs think that MFS2004 is installed and the installation can go ahead?. I tried to place a folder FS2004 in the microsoft games folder but that did not work. I don't like to install FS2004 again, because does not allow a earlier MSF on the ame computer.Best regards, Martijn

>I don't like to install FS2004 again,>because does not allow a earlier MSF on the ame computer.>Best regards, MartijnSay what? I still have FS2000, FS2002, FS2004 and FSX installed......all on the same computer and same hard drive! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest SkyDrift

Martijn. The aircraft installer is probably looking in the registry for FS2004. Since you no longer have FS2004 on your machine, it obviously can't find the key and so displays the dialog you see.If you are comfortable with changing the registry, you could try to fool the installer by adding the following FS2004 root key by hand:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0however, if the installer is looking for a particular sting value, Binary value or DWord within the key, then it will still fail unless you have added those keys. (I do not have FS2004 installed so cannot help you in this respect).If the installer allows you to install the aircraft, it will put it in the wrong folder as aircraft in FSX are stored in a different folder structure than 2004. You'll need to move the FS2004 aircraft to the Simobjects/airplanes directory.Hope this helpsSkyDrift

I agree with Bill, there is no reason why you can't reinstall FS2004 right on the same drive as FSX (or any drive on the machine). But, if that just isn't going to work, you can create the FS2004 registry entry (there is only one) by copying everything below that's between the dotted lines. Create a text file of the data by pasting it into a Notepad file and name the file with a .reg extension (something like FS9RegistryEntry.reg will do). Change the EXE Path and CDPath drive letters to match your system then double click on the just-created .reg file to have it self-install the registry data.-----------------------------------------------------------------Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0]"MP9Check"="3""Zone"="http://zone.msn.com/asp/fs04redir.asp""Version"="9.0""Launched"="1""PID"="11111-111-1111111-11111""DigitalProductID"=hex:"EXE Path"="G:FS2004""CDPath"="Z:""VersionType"="RetailVersion""InstalledGroup"="5""LangID"=dword:00000009----------------------------------------------------------------Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.