Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

On Vatsim seeing a lot of this currently?

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

During pushback other aircraft at 45 degrees??  Seems when pushback is complete everything looks normal.

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

6 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

During pushback other aircraft at 45 degrees??  Seems when pushback is complete everything looks normal.

I believe it's when the user has GSX and using it to pushback - Not sure why it actually displays it like that on VATSIM though.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

ah right yea good to know thanks!  Wonder if its a GSX fix then....

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

GSX does raise the nose gear on some aircraft and while it looks smooth on your own screen this *might* send wrong attitude (not altitude) data over Vatsim. That's my hypothesis, but I have honestly no idea how Vatsim and MSFS show aircraft attitudes.

You can always tell the GSX user by the pushback on Vatsim, 😄

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Interesting, so if using a nosegear capture tug to pushback this is what it looks like on Vatsim?  Hah... I always use the towbar variety, but I might have to try this.  😁

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Well, my A320 gets raised the during pushback, no idea how this looks on Vatsim 😄 Important is to not be like this on my side lol.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

This is the least of my worries. I'd love a fix for people flying into airports without saying a word on Unicom and using whatever runway they want and not the IRL active runway. The other day I had a United guy taxi right through me as I was finishing my pushback like I wasn't even there. If we had a better ATC for offline I would just be done with vatsim entirely. 

1 hour ago, environmental_ice said:

This is the least of my worries. I'd love a fix for people flying into airports without saying a word on Unicom and using whatever runway they want and not the IRL active runway. The other day I had a United guy taxi right through me as I was finishing my pushback like I wasn't even there. If we had a better ATC for offline I would just be done with vatsim entirely. 

Hmmm, tought this kinda behaviour can result in a ban,, no? Cant you report these people or something? 

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

I've had traffic like this during taxiing too and I'm really curious where this comes from...

From users not using GSX 😛

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

2 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

Haven't had a situation where someone would taxi right through me since I'm active on VATSIM (five years or so).

If there's no ATC, I check simaware.ca if there's someone flying in my area.
When approaching an airport and I see there's one plane moving on the ground, I just reach out to him via .chat CALLSIGN and tell him what my plans are.

Works eveytime.

8 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

Haven't had a situation where someone would taxi right through me since I'm active on VATSIM (five years or so).

If there's no ATC, I check simaware.ca if there's someone flying in my area.
When approaching an airport and I see there's one plane moving on the ground, I just reach out to him via .chat CALLSIGN and tell him what my plans are.

Works eveytime.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone do that myself. But I've noticed the quality of vatsim has gone downhill. Most of the time if ATC is on it's all good despite a few hiccups or pilots just not even understanding basic radio etiquette. When no ATC is available it reminds me why GA in real life is so dangerous. It blows my mind why some people are even online sometimes. I don't understand the point of connecting if you are going to just fly completely mute saying nothing. I shouldn't have to use simaware to see if someone feels like landing the wrong direction unannounced.

Didn't mean to detail the thread. Obviously watching other traffic in those attitudes or Positions pushing back or taxiing around isn't realistic but it's a limitation I can deal with. There's so much other nonsense on vatsim I cannot. 

1) Keep in mind that model matching might make an A320 out of a Cessna, depending on how you set it up. So what seems on your screen like a deliberate trying to run into your wings might actually be just an inappropriate model chosen and on the "offender's" screen he is just passing you by.

2) As for inappropriate runways chosen, are you sure about that? One of you might go by the wind only, the other one might be looking at the charts and see that one runway is the preferred landing runway for noise abatement reasons up to a tailwind of 10kts. The third one might have been on final approach when the metar changed and like in real life isn't gonna go missed approach now just because a 2kt headwind has turned into a 2kt tailwind. There are so many factors involved in what runway is active that you have to take it for granted that these things happen every once in a while without a controller deciding the active runway, no matter how professional the pilots are.

3) As for Unicom usage - very little people actually use Unicom anymore these days. Most people probably look if there's any possible arrival/departure conflict with SimAware and if not, they just go. And I think that's fair enough. It's not realistic either calling for "Heathrow traffic" for landing, especially when there's like one aircraft standing at the gates of an otherwise empty Heathrow. Me personally I just disconnect in these cases and use AIG because I don't want to land on empty airports.

Generally I have not once seen one of those things described here, neither did someone taxi into me nor did I have an aircraft landing in the opposite direction while I'm taking off. These things I only see with AI traffic and a lot.

• Like 2