Sign in to follow this  
tazz

FSUIPC for MSFS 2020

Does FSUIPC for MSFS 2020 work the same as FSX when changing aircraft? I really miss the control profiles not being automatically changed when selecting different aircraft. 

-- tazz

YES, quite very well. I do use it, thou I think is worth mentioning that MSFS menu adjustments are something not to ignore. Two pluses for me, one is that once as soon as a profile is created it will load automatically for that airplane, the other most important to my setup is that you can assign a reverser thrust axis and modulate reversers as needed versus a button, which is not realistic. Oh, something else, on the elevator electrical trim MSFS has a delay before you see a response (not realistic again, real airplane is instant), with FSUPiC that can be adjusted to have an instant response.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

3 hours ago, tazz said:

Does FSUIPC for MSFS 2020 work the same as FSX when changing aircraft? I really miss the control profiles not being automatically changed when selecting different aircraft. 

Well, sure, nice,  but who cares really? You have to select the plane anyway, clicking on one more thing to select the profile is hardly trouble at all. And would certainly do that instead of giving Pete Dawson money ever again. 

4 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

And would certainly do that instead of giving Pete Dawson money ever again. 

I'm not sure why you have such a problem with FSUIPC/Pete Dowson, but I've been a happy subscriber/user to FSUIPC for many years. Their support has always been good (and polite).

To the OP: you can group your profiles in seperate folders if you wish - with separate ini files for each - rather than have them all mixed up in your main FSUIPC.ini file.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Well, sure, nice,  but who cares really? You have to select the plane anyway, clicking on one more thing to select the profile is hardly trouble at all. And would certainly do that instead of giving Pete Dawson money ever again. 

Well   that  be  hard  to do really  since  pete  gave  it  away  awhile  ago,(unless  you know  his  bank details)  and  some  addons  you need  it  any way  well the  free  version 

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Pete Dawson

Dowson  ..........

for now, cheers

john martin

On 1/14/2023 at 11:12 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm not sure why you have such a problem with FSUIPC/Pete Dowson, but I've been a happy subscriber/user to FSUIPC for many years. Their support has always been good (and polite).

To the OP: you can group your profiles in seperate folders if you wish - with separate ini files for each - rather than have them all mixed up in your main FSUIPC.ini file.

Yep, personal experience and we are all different people and different issues. My experience was the complete opposite, and he was nothing short of rude and impolite.

Edited by Mgard78

On 1/15/2023 at 12:18 AM, vadriver said:

Dowson  ..........

Whatever, couldn't really care less...

On 1/14/2023 at 11:12 PM, pete_auau said:

Well   that  be  hard  to do really  since  pete  gave  it  away  awhile  ago,(unless  you know  his  bank details) 

Not really sure what to make of this sentence or what it means.

24 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

My experience was the complete opposite, and he was nothing short of rude and impolite.

The only time I've seen either Pete (or John) being anything less than polite is when people ask blindingly obvious questions without bothering to RTFM first. FSUIPC is a complex/powerful utility that requires at least a little background research.

Also ... if you're going to accuse someone of being impolite, you could at least take the trouble to spell his name correctly. Saying "Whatever, couldn't really care less... " just makes that worse.

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

The only time I've seen either Pete (or John) being anything less than polite is when people ask blindingly obvious questions without bothering to RTFM first. FSUIPC is a complex/powerful utility that requires at least a little background research.

Also ... if you're going to accuse someone of being impolite, you could at least take the trouble to spell his name correctly. Saying "Whatever, couldn't really care less... " just makes that worse.

Again, I don't really care, and your opinion is biased by your personal experience, as you have no idea what mine was, and it was not about asking questions (which is, again, something you assume based on your own experience).

Also, not really sure how that would make it worse. If I had to go back and correct all your post typos, we'd be here all day...

TLDR: You had a good experience, good for you.  I did not and that is my opinion of him and will not change it.

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

and it was not about asking questions (which is, again, something you assume based on your own experience).

I assumed no such thing.