Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Still no PHNL or KIAH?

Surprised to see that no one has done these airports for MSFS still.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Or KPHX

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 minutes ago, autom8ter said:

Flightbeam is working on KPHX along with KSFO and KMSP. Mentioned in Denver blog post last summer.

https://www.flightbeam.net/post/kden-the-new-frontier

Thank you, yes, I've heard nothing much since then. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Someone posted yesterday that Dominicsim is working on KPHL

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

16 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Someone posted yesterday that Dominicsim is working on KPHL

The OP was asking about PHNL as in Hawaii. I also saw the post on KPHL, Philadelphia. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I understand the dislike for duplicate airports, but I have come to hope some other developers arise and begin to make these airports. Yes, FlightBeam is working on KSFO and KPHX and KMSP but it takes them years and I would rather have a better rendered version than what we have than to wait years for their pristine one. FSDreamTeam, too, how long have they said they are working on KIAH?

• Like 2

Dan Scott

KIAH and PHNL are both in development by FSDT. The last dev post on their forum I saw said KIAH was almost finished but that they couldn't find the time to do the last bits as GSX was taking up the resources (post was beginning of December 22). PHNL is about halfway done but subject to the same bottleneck.

I understand GSX has priority but at this point it's been out for months. Would be nice for the people interested in other stuff if GSX didn't completely halt development on the airports for half a year+.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

KIAH and PHNL are both in development by FSDT. The last dev post on their forum I saw said KIAH was almost finished but that they couldn't find the time to do the last bits as GSX was taking up the resources

I saw that as well, it sounded like they had to completely put KIAH to the side due to GSX.  It does not sound like it will be finished anytime very soon either.  He indicated that he hoped maybe it would be done or be able to show it in time for the FSExpo in Houston this year which is in late June...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

or KMSP

Largest airport in the upper half of the US and I do see it mentioned above also.  It seems like we will probably get another three or four KLAX's in the meantime though.

Edited by Mike S KPDX

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

FSDT take forever to do anything.

I believe they're still dealing with the GSX disaster. They probably are putting everything else on hold. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I saw that as well, it sounded like they had to completely put KIAH to the side due to GSX.  It does not sound like it will be finished anytime very soon either.  He indicated that he hoped maybe it would be done or be able to show it in time for the FSExpo in Houston this year which is in late June...

June? Oof. Bought a couple Central American airports to fly some of United's ops out of Houston to these countries. Guess it's gonna be a while...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

or KMSP

Largest airport in the upper half of the US and I do see it mentioned above also.  It seems like we will probably get another three or four KLAX's in the meantime though.

I think we already have a pretty good KLAX.