Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Auckland, NZ CTD?

After a successful flght into Auckland (NZAA) last night I did my normal procedure - fired up the Drone Camera and zipped off over the landscape to take in the city and surrounding area (a way to introduce my self to new areas of the world).  As I proceeded north of the airport everything suddenly froze and she crashed.  This is the first CTD I've had in a months.

Today, I loaded up a FP from NZAA to NZKT (Kaitaia) at the northern tip of New Zealand and took off.  As I neared the same area as the Drone was in yesterday - CTD.  Thinking it may have been one of those occasional no reason CTD's I restarted with the same FP and took off again - CTD.

So - 3 CTDs in a row at or near the same location - north of NZAA and the accompanying neighborhoods of Auckland,

As a last test I reset the FP using a SID that took me several miles to the east before turning north.  Everything went well - no issues.

Has anyone else experienced this issue just north of NZAA?  Considering this happened 3X in the same spot (but not to the east) would suggest some kind of scenery conflict? (I am not using any custom scenery for this area).

Randall Rocke

Its your computer:p, MSFS is the most stable sim ever made... . Very helpful isnt it:D

Just joking and cant help you, having CTD issues myself now... Actually it just crashed in New Zealand just now. Dont know even know where to start.. 😄

Edited by Kaboki

I fly from Auckland a lot as do some other Kiwi's on this forum. Most flights involve SID's and Stars from NZAA and I have done a number of VFR's to NZAA-Whenuapai (the local Air Force base) and to NZPI (Parakai Airfeild near Helensville). Also some flights to Kerikeri and Whangarei. All these flights are to the North of NZAA. I have Flightbeams NZAA and Orbx's Auckland City Landscape installed. Was always a bit concerned the two might interfere with each other but I certainly haven't experienced the issues you have described and especially narrowing it down to a location. Are you able to provide an approx lat/long and type of aircraft you are flying and perhaps myself and some others can see if we can emulate this issue.     

Edit: Also, did you have photogrammetry turned on or off? Not sure if that would have any bearing. As I said, I have the Auckland City Landscape so have never even tried to see if photogrammetry worked in Auckland. There may be some boundry issues with it perhaps? Long shot but worth excluding anyway. 

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Check your add-ons. I had a FSimStudio add-on, CYVR, that didn’t mix well with SU5, and I would CTD upon landing at the seaplane airport on the river next to CYVR. 10 landings, 10 CTD, always the same place on the river.

I removed FSimStudio CYVR, and I could land at the same spot without a CTD. Eventually, a later Sim Update fixed this CTD problem and now I can land at that spot on the river without a CTD even with the FSimStudio CYVR loaded and installed. I don’t think the version of CYVR I had from FSimStudio changed.

TLDR, the combination of SU5 and FSimStudio caused the same CTD in the same spot on the river. Problem was fixed with a later Sim Update, and the add-on (FSimStudio CYVR) stayed the same.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I also do a lot of [sim] flying around NZAA with no problems. However - I have too many local add-ons installed (including Flightbeam's NZAA and Orbx Auckland City) for it to be a good comparison. I go along with the idea that it may be an apparently unrelated add-on that's causing the CTD. Have you tried the flight with *all* your addons deactivated? Also - are you running other object-heavy add-ons like GSX, FSLTL etc.? It could be that you're hitting the object limit over that particular spot.

Slightly off-topic ... but do you use Addons Linker? It makes debugging a lot easier as you quickly disable groups of addons.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

1st CTD: Drone Camera.  Just landed with WT CJ4 mod - flight from Sydney to Auckland. Only add-ons were WT CJ4 and Bijan seasons,

2nd CTD: Caravan 208B mod and Bijan seasons.  On the G951 Airway a little north of NZAA - seemed to be about the same place as last night.

3rd CTD: Caravan 208B mod and Bijan seasons.  Same place as above.

3rd departure with no issues: Caravan 208B mod and Bijan Seasons - departed to east using AVDAT 1Q SID.

I do use Addons Linker - there were no other add-ons running.

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

Maybe try a very short flight plan to test ... say NZNE-NZAA or NZWP-NZAA ... direct DEP-ARR, no waypoints. If you get CTDs on any of them, it'll be easier for anyone else to try and replicate it.

Are you using Bijan's [experimental] NZ Terrain Masks?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png