Sign in to follow this  
f.skywalker

Micro stutter

Hello Kiek,
meanwhile the tool runs very smoothly. (MSFS)
Unfortunately, I always have small micro-stutters on the ground. Again and again there is a micro stutter. The AI runs without any problems but again these small micro stutters when taxiing. Unfortunately I can't find a solution for this. I'm running a GTX 3080FR and an I9 9900K with 32GB of Ram. I can't find a solution. I would like to fly permanently with PSXsscon and live traffik. But stuttering always brings me back to AIG.

Thanks

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Your sim settings are probably too demanding for your pc. What fps do you get? Note that PSXT supports up to 100 fps...

Advice: Lower your sim settings.

Edited by kiek

My sim ist locked at 30 FPS.

Most of my settings are at high, an works very smooth. 

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

44 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

My sim ist locked at 30 FPS.

Most of my settings are at high, an works very smooth. 

Frank

Not smooth enough because you see microstutters ...

Lower your settings and lock your sim at 60 fps.

Without PSXseecon i have no Microstutters.

When i fly with AIG no Microstutter all the time.

Es ist immer ein kleiner Steher im Sim mit dem LiveTraffic.

Frank

Is the problem only with me or also with other simmers.
I have no idea what shouldn't be changed.
It's like hitting the pause button.

90% of the time it runs very well but then always these micro stutters 

1 hour ago, f.skywalker said:

When i fly with AIG no Microstutter all the time.

You cannot compare AIG with PSXT.

AIG is not real time live traffic, but canned traffic controlled by the MSFS ai engine.

PSXT is not ai traffic, but aircraft objects fully controlled by PSXT externally. This way of working is more demanding and that's why you have to lower your Sim settings a bit and increase your fps.

Edited by kiek

Thanks Kiek,

is there a option in your tool to save performance.

31 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Thanks Kiek,

is there a option in your tool to save performance.

Limit the number of static and live aircraft. Set parking percentage for big airports at 15, and enable autorange in the GUI.

But again, you can gain a lot more by lowering your Sim settings!

Edited by kiek

I get those stutters in the NYC area with 150+ planes around me when I set the injection range to 40NM. So it is likely down to system performance as already said. When lowering the injection range everything is smooth again.

@kiek

Yesterday i updated from Version 33.2.1 to 34.0.0 because my RT Licence was out at 01.01.2023

I bought yesterday a new Licence .

Yesterday at my testing i had no small stutters in EDDM

Maybe some updates have change the problem

Frank

Edited by f.skywalker

Good to hear. However, the micro stutter problem was fixed Nov 26,  2022 in version 32.9.3 by increasing the update frequency from 30 to 100 times per second.