Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Carenado Cessna 182

Was flying the Carenado 182 with no problems. Actually one of the best aircraft that had no problems. Everything worked as it should. MSFS 2020 had an update for this aircraft, and now they screwed it up. Autopilot comes on automatically on the ground as soon as I set VS. Auto pilot not following the flight plan, Throttle seems to not be able to slow down like it should. This update just messed this plane up terribly. Is it possible to get the old one back. They should have left it alone, as this is probably the only Carenado aircraft that was working properly. Thanks Guy's Walt

Walt Popowski

Weird - for me the update fixed the AP issues hehe.  Seems like a better plane after update.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just finished a flight and everything is ok, none of the mentioned issues.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, waltpop said:

Was flying the Carenado 182 with no problems. Actually one of the best aircraft that had no problems. Everything worked as it should. MSFS 2020 had an update for this aircraft, and now they screwed it up. Autopilot comes on automatically on the ground as soon as I set VS. Auto pilot not following the flight plan, Throttle seems to not be able to slow down like it should. This update just messed this plane up terribly. Is it possible to get the old one back. They should have left it alone, as this is probably the only Carenado aircraft that was working properly. Thanks Guy's Walt

I have this plane and none of the issues you describe appear for me. I recommend you uninstall and reinstall. It will take only a minute or two and may solve your problems. 
-B

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I installed the latest update. I have none of these problems.  Must be a bad installation or something else interfering with it.  Have you installed the latest Garmin G1000NXi updates from the marketplace to go with it?  Everything needs to be up to date.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, waltpop said:

You do not by any chance have the Honeycomb Bravo throttle.  I had this problem after I received the Bravo, and I solved it by having the Bravo's autopilot control knob on anything but VS mode when loading a simulator flight.

Mike

Not quite I understand you. I do have the Honeycomb Yoke also. If I set VS, or NAV while on the ground the AP is coming on automatic while on the ground. 

Walt Popowski

The Honeycomb autopilot controls are on the Bravo Throttle.  The issue I described should not happen if you only have the yoke.

Mike

Yes, I know. I have the Honeycomb Yoke and The throttle Quad. Uninstalled the C182, GTNnxi and reinstalled them both. Rebooted and still the same. Pulling hair out because I'm puzzled that no one else seems to have this problem. As I said. This plane was perfect with no problems at all. It was one of my best planes to fly until I installed the update from MSFS2020. Determind to figure this out. As a last resort, I may reinstall MSFS2020 and see if that fixes it. Hope I don;t have to do that though. I do appreciate all of you for trying to help this old man out. Thank You all

Walt Popowski

3 hours ago, Mike62 said:

You do not by any chance have the Honeycomb Bravo throttle.  I had this problem after I received the Bravo, and I solved it by having the Bravo's autopilot control knob on anything but VS mode when loading a simulator flight.

When I first used the Bravo I noticed there were 1 or 2 duplicate AP assignments that interfered with proper behaviour of the autopilot. These were assigned to some of the left control knob settings.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, waltpop said:

Yes, I know. I have the Honeycomb Yoke and The throttle Quad. Uninstalled the C182, GTNnxi and reinstalled them both. Rebooted and still the same. Pulling hair out because I'm puzzled that no one else seems to have this problem. As I said. This plane was perfect with no problems at all. It was one of my best planes to fly until I installed the update from MSFS2020. Determind to figure this out. As a last resort, I may reinstall MSFS2020 and see if that fixes it. Hope I don;t have to do that though. I do appreciate all of you for trying to help this old man out. Thank You all

Have you tried flying without the yoke and quadrant?  Sounds strange but you can try it.  Find a big wide runway and use your mouse to control power, mixture, and trim.  You should be able to take off and reach altitude where you can test the autopilot, again using your mouse.  See how it functions.  It may narrow the issue to bindings, etc.  or confirm the aircraft installation is the culprit.  I have done this in the past, in the early days of MSFS when I was getting my controls set up and fighting similar issues.  Did you have dedicated controls profiles for the 182 before the update?

Separate, isolate, test, identify. Will take less time than reinstallations and perhaps preclude chasing ghosts.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I bought the Carenado C182 last week and have zero problems, flies very nice, G1000 and the autopilot are full Honeycomb bravo compatible. Its a joy to fly this now. (i was waiting a long time, because .... Carenado...)

Happy with it!

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Wow, guess I'll keep trying to figure this out. Again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone trying to help me out. 

Walt Popowski

What is happening is that if I arm HDG, or ALT, or VS, or IAS automatically the Autopilot goes on. This is not supposed to happen while I'm still on the ground. Seems like most of you are not having this problem. I sent a test to Honeycomb to see if they might have a solution. Again everything was working good on the Carenado 182. Problems only started when i did the latest 182 and NGxi update last week. 

Walt Popowski

8 hours ago, waltpop said:

What is happening is that if I arm HDG, or ALT, or VS, or IAS automatically the Autopilot goes on. This is not supposed to happen while I'm still on the ground. Seems like most of you are not having this problem. I sent a test to Honeycomb to see if they might have a solution. Again everything was working good on the Carenado 182. Problems only started when i did the latest 182 and NGxi update last week. 

Easy answer to this one.

The Carenado C182 does not include/model a flight director.  It's depicting an early G1000 model, where the KAP140 was used, rather than the G1000's integrated GFC700 autopilot.

The aicraft's systems.cfg confirms this, with [Flight_Director=0] included.

Therefore, with no FD, it's normal MSFS behaviour that if you select a AP mode, the AP will engage.

In short, with no FD, there's no "arming" of modes on the ground.

Any AP mode you press at any time (with Avionics on) will engage the Autopilot.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)