Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Carenado Cessna 182

On 1/17/2023 at 7:03 AM, waltpop said:

Was flying the Carenado 182 with no problems. Actually one of the best aircraft that had no problems. Everything worked as it should. MSFS 2020 had an update for this aircraft, and now they screwed it up. Autopilot comes on automatically on the ground as soon as I set VS. Auto pilot not following the flight plan, Throttle seems to not be able to slow down like it should. This update just messed this plane up terribly. Is it possible to get the old one back. They should have left it alone, as this is probably the only Carenado aircraft that was working properly. Thanks Guy's Walt

You are not alone. I too had similar issues after updating the plane. For me, the autopilot would engage by itself on the ground. I was able to disengage it. Once airborne, as soon as I would go into a turn, it would engage again. It then took several tries to get the AP to release, only to engage again as soon as I go into another turn. Fortunately, I had a copy of the plane before it's update in my backup folder, so I copied it over to the sim, flew, and it was back to the way it was before the update. I had no more autopilot issues. Then I tried updating the plane again, and now it works properly, with the update. I was also having the same issue with the throttle, and that too was corrected with this re-install.

• Like 1

Monica, thank you. I don't have a back up though. Purchased from Market place so right now I am stuck.

Walt Popowski

Yes, But why did we not have a problem untill this last update on the 182. "It was working perfectly until the update.

Walt Popowski

6 hours ago, waltpop said:

Yes, But why did we not have a problem untill this last update on the 182. "It was working perfectly until the update.

I don't know why. It may not be a problem with the update. It may have been just a corrupted download. Did you try to download it again? If not, I would suggest deleting it through your content manager in the sim, restart the sim, then try downloading it again. That is what I did and now my 182 works fine with the update.

6 hours ago, waltpop said:

Did you see my response on the previous page?

This plane does not have a flight director!   So it is impossible to 'arm the AP on the ground'.   The moment you hit an AP mode button, you are turning on the autopilot.

That is correct behaviour, for the AP modelled.

I've no idea about pre-update, as I only bought the plane recently.  But it's clear to see that it is impossible to get flight director bars (press your keyboard command for Flight Director on), so there is nothing to 'arm' on the ground.

Take off, fly and when ready, engage the AP (master button - for initial basic modes), then select you're required AP modes.

This thread is about a non-existent problem.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

i Know but the AP is turning on automatically while on the ground and thats messing everything up. Everything on this plane was working perfectly "Until" we installed the 182 update. Thats when things got messed up. Melissa had the same problem we are having. She was able to install the older version again and everything worked. (Not sure how she was able to have a backup of the 182 but it fxed it. Then when she downloaded the update everything worked. 

Walt Popowski

5 hours ago, JYW said:

Did you see my response on the previous page?

This plane does not have a flight director!   So it is impossible to 'arm the AP on the ground'.   The moment you hit an AP mode button, you are turning on the autopilot.

That is correct behaviour, for the AP modelled.

I've no idea about pre-update, as I only bought the plane recently.  But it's clear to see that it is impossible to get flight director bars (press your keyboard command for Flight Director on), so there is nothing to 'arm' on the ground.

Take off, fly and when ready, engage the AP (master button - for initial basic modes), then select you're required AP modes.

This thread is about a non-existent problem.

This thread IS about an existing problem or the OP would not have opened it. Just because you are not experiencing it doesn't mean the problem does not exist. I too had the issue. If you notice MY post above, you'll see that I was experiencing the same thing as well. For me, the autopilot was arming itself on the ground, but I was able to turn it off. Once airborne, as soon as I go into a turn, the autopilot again would engage. Fortunately I was able to fix my plane. I'm sure most people won't have this issue, but others may. 

• Like 1

No The sound is OK. That hasn't been a problem. Just The Autopilot is doing it's own thing. 

Walt Popowski

Today I loaded the 182 just to see what the update has done to it on my machine. It seems pretty fine except for a minor AP bug:

After I switch on the avionics buses, the KAP140 remains dark. Only after I switch on the AP it lights up and immediately turns on Roll and Pitch hold mode, which might be realistic or not.
I can still disable the AP. "Rol" and "PIT" is still visible but they are not active.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

No The sound is OK. That hasn't been a problem. Just The Autopilot is doing it's own thing. 

Walt Popowski

With mine, If Im on the ground and hit VS, NAV, HDG the autopilot comes on by itself. That's not supposed to happen. It should go on, when you Turn It On. Never did this untill the resent update. Also ILS/RNAV not being followed. A few other glitches also. Hope someone can fix this. Thanks for the comeback. Walt

Walt Popowski

22 hours ago, waltpop said:

With mine, If Im on the ground and hit VS, NAV, HDG the autopilot comes on by itself. That's not supposed to happen. It should go on, when you Turn It On. Never did this untill the resent update. Also ILS/RNAV not being followed. A few other glitches also. Hope someone can fix this. Thanks for the comeback. Walt

It was explained by someone else that this is correct behavior for the autopilot because there is no flight director.  Now, I'm no expert in this, but if this is indeed correct, then perhaps Carenado "fixed the issue in the last update.  And if it is indeed correct, perhaps that's why almost no one else is reporting this as a problem. I even think I've noticed this behavior with another aircraft but, of course, I can't remember which one. 

I just don't press nav, vs, or HDG until I turn on the ap in the air and, voila, no problem. But if I press them on the ground, like you, the autopilot comes on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

It was explained by someone else that this is correct behavior for the autopilot because there is no flight director.  Now, I'm no expert in this, but if this is indeed correct, then perhaps Carenado "fixed the issue in the last update.  And if it is indeed correct, perhaps that's why almost no one else is reporting this as a problem. I even think I've noticed this behavior with another aircraft but, of course, I can't remember which one. 

I just don't press nav, vs, or HDG until I turn on the ap in the air and, voila, no problem. But if I press them on the ground, like you, the autopilot comes on. 

Why would someone turn on the AP while they are on the ground???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why would someone turn on the AP while they are on the ground???

Well, you wouldn't, of course.  But the OP is trying to set the NAV, VS, or HDG functions while still on the ground (which you CAN do in some of the aircraft without the AP automatically coming on).  But in the case of the 182, the AP comes on when you do that (as it does when I try it as well).  My point is...just don't do that.  Set them when you're in the air and the AP comes on when it should.  And if this is correct behavior for this setup, then it is not a bug.

• Like 2