Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

FSLTL Settings

When starting FSLTL and the command prompt box pops up, what settings do people use? I'd like to have a decent amount of commercial aircraft as I fly all commercial routes (A320).

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I use the defaults but with the non-painted aircraft off. Sorry can't remember the name of the option. I don't want to see all white aircraft. It's enough for me to see a variety of airlines without a big cpu hit.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

Here's a link to BobbyFuzzy's setup tutorial. He was / is a tester for FSLTL and gives a detailed explanation on the workings of the programme.

👍

Edited by speedyTC
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

2 hours ago, speedyTC said:

Here's a link to BobbyFuzzy's setup tutorial. He was / is a tester for FSLTL and gives a detailed explanation on the workings of the programme.

👍

Concur with this. I used his video and information to get FSLTL setup the first time, and it really helped me understand how to tweak the settings as I've gotten more used to using the program. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

In addition to the tutorial on YT, there's also a user guide at

https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/user-guide/

Because the AI aspect of MSFS isn't very realistic, I only put a few a/c in the air, focusing instead on livening up the airports with nice static aircraft at sensible gates. But everyone does this differently I'm sure.

• Like 2

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I just want decent amount of traffic at airports like EGLL. Using the default settings, the airport is pretty empty.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

It all depends on the power of your computer, your internet and whether or not you use VR.

The simplest way is to start it up and if your system is running fine, notch up the number of aircraft either in the air or on the ground and the radius it is capturing until you start finding it starts to stutter - particularly when on the ground at a busy airport.

My settings are pretty modest - but I am VR only - but it is plenty for me for most busy UK airports (Manchester/Birmingham/Gatwick).  Heathrow, of course, is in a league of its own...

spacer.png

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

On 1/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, speedyTC said:

👍

That video is old and there are about twice a much new settings. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

11 hours ago, styckx said:

That video is old and there are about twice a much new settings. 

Thanks for the update.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, BWBriscoe said:

I just want decent amount of traffic at airports like EGLL. Using the default settings, the airport is pretty empt

In order to retain perfect performance I have to dial back FSLTL settings considerably so I do:  IFR 14 planes in a 50km radius.  Limited static parked aircraft.  Even with this the CPU penalty is around 15-18% at busier airports.  Plus, when it's not overcrowded there are way less commands for go-arounds.  My system can't afford to run an AI traffic simulator within a flight simulator and quite frankly I don't like crowded anything these days!  It's perfect now for my needs.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X