Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

KORD and downtown again

Made a couple of changes to my graphic settings, wanted to check things out somewhere that was fresh in my memory. Also, just had a minor hiccup with AIG and wanted to check it was ok again now. Looks ok - KORD obviously a bit busy first thing in the morning.

wSw4SxF.jpg

mdQOkvd.jpg

Lots of folk heading for the runway where I'm sitting blocking the takeoff - guess I'd better get going
tcsPXSi.jpg

So a quick circuit and now I'm heading back to KORD, coming in low over downtown
z5JChKn.jpg

Jf6sa9D.jpg

I was checking to see the sharpness of the images
aTYsWbz.jpg

And while I was out of the plane with the dronecam I noticed that there seemed to be a floor with interior modelling in the Sears Tower (only found out it was renamed when I went to check it on Wiki just now - doubt that I'll ever think of it as other than the Sears Tower). Turns out to be the observation deck. Time to go take a peek.
gM52Pgp.jpg

Some nice views from up here. Never been to downtown Chicago in real life (plenty of visits to convention centres etc out by the airport) so not been up here, and ain't going to go there now. But this is what I like about MSFS - I really do feel that this is a more than acceptable substitute at this point in my corporeal existence.
kCLwC4f.jpg

1uMK5me.jpg

And anyway, my vertigo would never let me get out on one of these for real (not without way more than just a drop of the Irish in me, at least)
TAQCmoX.jpg

UMKkXXK.jpg

neTC0nQ.jpg

scsJQUW.jpg

j0F4xCL.jpg

back to the flight
ikjuHAG.jpg

Pleased with my changes. Images nice and sharp and no performance degradation. Don't how much it will show on your system, but on my 55" HDR 4k monitor it's spectacular.
qYhC2t8.jpg

4x9QV9f.jpg

Coming in way too fast, as usual. So we'll stop the screenies at this point. Amazing how high one of these things can bounce - never ceases to amaze me.
nwLDmp8.jpg

• Like 11

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Amazing Andy!  I never knew this existed in the Sears tower in real life or the sim.  Terrific shots.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Nice shots. I was atop the Sears Tower once. That was enough. Don't really like heights at all. That really retarded my progress during my pilot-training days.

• Like 3

An excellent series Andy with an interesting discover atop of the Sears Tower.

I don't mind going up in little planes and I would certainly give the glass floor a go but count me out from tall ladders and rock climbing!

• Like 3

Beautiful shots and a very busy Airport there at KORD.

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

very nice and very crisp shots I will be migrating over MSFS soon what addon is the Chicago scenery? O'Hare field looks like FSDT but the Chicago scenery?

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Very nice and crispclear shots and an interesting issue about the observation deck in the Sears Tower...and amazed that also via the sim is to visit. Is it the Chicago City from Drzewiecki Dev?

Edited by ikbenik
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 10:21 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

Amazing Andy!  I never knew this existed in the Sears tower in real life or the sim.  Terrific shots.

23 hours ago, John F said:

Nice shots. I was atop the Sears Tower once. That was enough. Don't really like heights at all. That really retarded my progress during my pilot-training days.

23 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Wonderful shots! 😉 

20 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An excellent series Andy with an interesting discover atop of the Sears Tower.

I don't mind going up in little planes and I would certainly give the glass floor a go but count me out from tall ladders and rock climbing!

16 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Beautiful shots and a very busy Airport there at KORD.

cheers 😉

11 hours ago, 01pewterz28 said:

very nice and very crisp shots I will be migrating over MSFS soon what addon is the Chicago scenery? O'Hare field looks like FSDT but the Chicago scenery?

6 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Very nice and crispclear shots and an interesting issue about the observation deck in the Sears Tower...and amazed that also via the sim is to visit. Is it the Chicago City from Drzewiecki Dev?

Thanks everybody. That is the Chicago City from the unpronouncable (for me, anyway) DD. I've always found all sorts of little treats in their packages over the years, and this was another little gem. Chicago is a bit like Toronto, in that I have lots of addons for the area and there's a huge amount of good looking stuff to explore. And for me now, I have a system that can handle it at the level of detail I want without slowing to a crawl or going into stutter mode. I've got TLOD set at 300 (less than that I find you don't see the city skyline from KORD), most settings at ultra, AIG AI traffic with a full database, Henk's ships, and I'm still getting 30 on the ground at KORD now and anywhere between 45 and my 60 cap in the air.

It's taken a long time and a ton of money but this is pretty much exactly what I've been hoping for in terms of a sim since I got into it about ten years ago. You may scoff, but it was MS Flight that got my interest, as I thought it looked great. Prior to that I'd occasionally looked at flight sims over the years (decades) but they always looked unconvincing. The tech is here now, and so is the sim.

And now - I'll just nervously wait for Asobo to cods it up again with an update! (which they've done for me twice before). Still, at least if they do screw it up they usually get it sorted by the next update. Usually.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Fantastic shots, details and traffic density, Andy.

Sure Sears Tower will always remain Sears Tower in our wordings. I also refuse to follow the constan renaming of all these football stadiums... Imagine some company buys and renames the Empire State Building to whatever!

• Like 2

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).