Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Can AI aircraft crash?

Guest trulsismann

Hi,Was just wondering if AI aircraft could crash. I don't mean glitches or programming errors but can it have accidents?Truls JohnsenENGM

Guest jacob001

I don't think so; I've crashed into them and whilst I sit there, smouldering away on the tarmac, they happily continue taxiing away as if nothing happened!Jacob Fordham

No they don't have crash detection.However they can overstress and disappear.I've seen them be deleted from descent rates in excess of 9,000 FPM - usually right after FS is startd when they are initialized at their crusie altitude.I've also seen many crash through a runway and disappear - usually one of the aircraft above which survived the descent, or at airports with high terrain and the aircraft dives for the runway.When the AI aircraft hits the runway harder than the gear limits in the contact points section of the aircraft.cfg - it "crashes" and disappears.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Back in FS2002 I was flying over NYC one night when out of nowhere over the east river id get a crash...over and over again...turned out an AI plane at JFK was taxiing into the terminal...