Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

ATC Is OK With Me

On 1/23/2023 at 10:29 PM, Noel said:

Absolutely they will be focusing on ATC and other areas left in placeholder status until they get there.

Yeah, I think the MSFS team will eventually get to ATC. They just need some time.

1 hour ago, Flightsky said:

Yeah, I think the MSFS team will eventually get to ATC. They just need some time.

To me, even w/ its somewhat remote connection to FSX, it's a whole lot of new for current MS w/ Asobo et all consultants.  I marvel at how far it's come in a very short 2.5y.  When I think about the paltry pace of development of P3D at $200 a pop, esp v1 > v2 > v3 OMG, just stunningly little, really.  Now I go up in the amazing gratis FBW A320NX out of LFKJ > Orly, integrating very well already w/ FSLTL, GSX Pro, A Pilot's Life & PACX I am blown away every time up I swear.   It is a statement of confidence that I feel they will get there and will continue to tweak the core as satellite imagery and cloud depiction increases in resolution in step w/ hardware performance capabilities.  I mean they have done so much really in such a short time--compared to the competition:  XP 26 years under the same developer; and FSX/P3D in a similar ballpark.  Could they begin to really slow the pace of development anytime soon?  I've not read anything yet that suggests that, but sure anything can happen.  They have too much success already to want to  stop development.

• Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 hours ago, Noel said:

When I think about the paltry pace of development of P3D at $200 a pop,

There are other options as you well know. I’ve never paid that and neither have the vast majority of their customers.

Back on topic. Microsoft never improved ATC in any of their releases over a couple of decades. I seriously doubt Asobo will given its complexity.

The Radar Contact team comprised a lead programmer, two professional AT Controllers and a mathematical expert for the trigonometry. And Pete Dowson also contributed a huge amount with MakeRwys to extract all the relevant data from FS.

It’s an enormous exercise to create a high quality ATC program. That’s why there are so few available.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There are other options as you well know. I’ve never paid that and neither have the vast majority of their customers.

I know Ray, I didn't feel good about misrepresenting myself as I was never a student.  Good for you for ignoring your favorite sim's EULA.  And even at $50 a pop, the pace of development was absolutely paltry by MSFS' standards.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

I know Ray, I didn't feel good about misrepresenting myself as I was never a student.  Good for you for ignoring your favorite sim's EULA.  And even at $50 a pop, the pace of development was absolutely paltry by MSFS' standards.

I chose the package that best suited someone who wanted to learn how improve their flying skills. No EULA ignoring from me. Development progress is subjective. I love a sim that is extremely stable and is compatible with Radar Contact 4.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I chose the package that best suited someone who wanted to learn how improve their flying skills. No EULA ignoring from me. 

1.       License Grant.  Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, Licensor hereby grants Licensee a nontransferable, nonsublicenseable, nonexclusive license during the Term of this EULA to use the Software:  (1) on a single computer, (2) by no more than one user at any one time, (3) in connection with Academic Education, (4) by students, instructors and staff associated with Licensee's Academic Education, (5) in the Territory, and (6) for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment.

Say what you will Ray, I know I certainly did not qualify under those criteria and when I agreed to the terms.

Noel

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

and (6) for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment.

Item 6 applies.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Item 6 applies.

That's debatable--I'll bet you do it for personal entertainment--I know I do.

Noel

1 hour ago, Noel said:

You sure you really wanna go there with a moderator?

1 hour ago, Noel said:

It's debatable, but a nice loophole for anyone who takes simming seriously or just wants to save some money.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, MadDog said:

You sure you really wanna go there with a moderator?

I haven't done or said anything derogatory or personal against anyone I just stated how I see MS/Asobo and how I saw P3D's development which pales in comparison to MSFS pace of where it is today, and how I always saw its EULA as it applies to myself.   Plus I don't buy the comment that because of MS' history with ancient FSX it applies in 2023 by MS/Asobo.  ATC can be improved substantially, when they get there, w/o massive change IMO, in MSFS.  Will it match dedicated 3rd part programs, presumably not.   I'm a donating member here and won't be genuflecting every time a moderator decides to contest what I've stated and I hope their skin is thick enough to tolerate that w/ exercising their capacity to 'give holidays' to members here.  If they do, I'll live.

• Like 4

Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I hope their skin is thick enough to tolerate that w/ exercising their capacity to 'give holidays' to members here.  If they do, I'll live.

Don't get me wrong... I pretty much agree with you on all points... I was just referring to:

I know thanks MadDog but since the moderator responded to my comment about $200 a pop the subject just got opened for discussion by the moderator, so I quoted the EULA.  I had no intention of "discussing the EULA" I was just responding to the moderator's response.

• Like 3

Noel

I always bought the student version, and used it for entertainment, who really cares if I even wiped my b.. with it, there will never come any men in black suits, nobody cares:p.

Is not the price thats was the problem with p3d, it was the feeling to always be stuck on the "FSX on steroids" with every version just not really get anywhere. No real innovation. When I first jumped into MSFS felt I made a decade jump in tech. And the pace Msfs evolves is awsome, never seen that before in my simmer life. 

That being said, the default ATC s... But Jorg said they will rewrite it, and since so far he have deleivered what he says he will do, its just the priority I disagree:). I want it now crowd, thats where i belong lol, probably the reason I abandonded prepar at version 4 and jumped into xplane wich served okish until MS came into the equation... 

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1