Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

Xplane 12 Install question

Greetings,

I've been using Xplane 11 for several years now and love it. I'm ready to take the plunge and install Xplane 12.  I've watched several installation videos, but none say anything about deleting 11 before the upgrade. I really do not want to run two versions can someone please tell me if you have to uninstall 11 before installing 12?

Thank you,

No. You don’t have to delete X-Plane 11 if you want to install X-Plane 12. You can just create a new folder for 12, and both will run independently of each other. If you want to delete 11 eventually, just delete the folder. X-Plane doesn’t make any registry entries. It runs from within the folder. 

• Upvote 2

Welcome cbreeze 

I run X Plane 11 and 12 all the time. I do that keeping 11 to support 12 with certain scenery I not available  for 12. I can make short cuts to 11 and they can be managed by xOranizers to insure that everything is available to run the scenery like library needed in 12.