Sign in to follow this  
Guest flaflyer2

new problem unfortunatley

Guest flaflyer2

Well I have been "enjoying" FSX since it came out. I have a Dell xps and all my sliders are set almost to max, I have used some of the tweaks and have all of the World Of Ai packages that have been released. Yesterday out of the blue I was flying around and the scenery was fine at my start airport then as I flew along the scenery started to get blurry. My plane and clouds were crisp but the ground underneath turned into a green blur but even worse because I couldn't make out anything. When I started to land I noticed the buildings were popping out above the ground but everything else on the ground was not there. I landed into the runway and when I looked around airplanes were floating above the ground. This problem is not really consided a blurry because the buildings show up but the question is why does my plane sink into the ground. Is there a problem with the levels or something like that. I thought it might be an afcad that I downloaded but I removed it and the problem was still there. This may be what some of you are seeing instead of calling it a blurry because it is different. I also didn't alter anything in a while and this just happened out of the blue. Can someone relate or better yet help me, thank you

Guest Robin R.

99% of the time these problems are a result of 3rd party add-ons. I have yet to install a 3rd party add-on for FSX that has not caused problems and forced me to re-install FSX & SP1.My only suggestion for you is to re-install FSX and SP1 -- be sure to uninstall FSX and remove any FSX files from your Application Data folders for FSX (especially the FSX.CFG).Before you do this you might want to backup you FSX.CFG then delete it and then run FSX to regenerate one and see if that solves it.

>Well I have been "enjoying" FSX since it came out. I have a>Dell xps and all my sliders are set almost to max, I have used>some of the tweaks and have all of the World Of Ai packages>that have been released. Yesterday out of the blue I was>flying around and the scenery was fine at my start airport>then as I flew along the scenery started to get blurry. My>plane and clouds were crisp but the ground underneath turned>into a green blur but even worse because I couldn't make out>anything. When I started to land I noticed the buildings were>popping out above the ground but everything else on the ground>was not there. I landed into the runway and when I looked>around airplanes were floating above the ground. This problem>is not really consided a blurry because the buildings show up>but the question is why does my plane sink into the ground. Is>there a problem with the levels or something like that. I>thought it might be an afcad that I downloaded but I removed>it and the problem was still there. This may be what some of>you are seeing instead of calling it a blurry because it is>different. I also didn't alter anything in a while and this>just happened out of the blue. Can someone relate or better>yet help me, thank youYou could be running out of memory.You might have a heat problem with your computer.Open up the case and try flying again.

I would say, if it is an ISOLATED event then don't worry about it. Could be heat-related as was said.But if it starts happening regularly, then it is something to be concerned with and you should post back here.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Robin R.

Definitely NOT a heat issue. Heat problems either shutdown your PC, cause a CTD (crash to desktop) or more likely a BSD (blue screen of death). GPU heat problems cause color shifts, scrambled pixels/artifacts but do NOT cause any of the issues you reported.Like I said, backup your FSX.CFG, then delete it and restart FSX (it will create a new one).If that doesn't work, run a chkdsk on your hard drive(s) and if all is good, then defrag them.If none of those, then reinstall FSX and SP1 from scratch.Robin.

Guest JamesJ

I had this problem when first I installed FSX..the day it came out! The scenery in the default flight was almost a complete blur. I eventually discovered if I changed any slider in the options/scenery tab, even slightly, the scenery popped in. You might try this..JamesJ:-)

Guest flaflyer2

thank you everyone. I am going to try out lowering the sliders and deleting the config file. I have heard of this before but have been afraid to try it. Seems like it may be a big change to my system. What are the steps to generate a new config file? Doesn't it seem wrong to have to lower the sliders on a game that is heavy on scenery and eye candy. I have been debating to go back to FS2004 but as soon as I do something great will happen to FSX and then I will need to do evrything all over again. Thanks again.