Sign in to follow this  
eddl

Feature request for busy airports

17 hours ago, eddl said:

But I am working on this currently and will happily share all the airport files later for everyone to benefit from it.

Please let us know when you have some 'learned files' for add-on airport scenery.

1 hour ago, kiek said:

PSXT comes out of the box with about 30 fully learned airports already But if the users does not choose one of them...

Yes, yes. Who has time to read a manual, though...?! 😉

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

57 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Yes, yes. Who has time to read a manual, though...?! 😉

It is written on the one page Quick Start guide, you st... 😉

Position your aircraft at an airport, for instance EDDB, EDDF, EDDH, EDDK, EDDL, EDDM, EDDN, EDDS, EGCC, EGKK, EGPF, EGSS, EHAM, EIDW, EKCH, ENGM, KATL, KDEN, KDFW, KJFK, KLAX, KLGA, KMCO, KORD, KSAN, KSEA, KSFO, LEMD, LIMC, LSGG, VHHH or YSSY.

Airport files for these airports are packed with the PSXT_MSFS installation. Parked static aircraft will show immediately

Not going to argue here. Of course I know that 30 airports are included and I happily used those files. 

But 300 files sounds better than 30, no? 🙂

Working on it, about 150 currently finished.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:53 PM, kiek said:

Note that I have also implemented an air/gnd collision function as an extension to the user air collision: if a landing aircraft is at 500 ft above the ground and withn 1 nm, it "sees" a live aircraft within 50 feet "width" it will remove that aircraft . The "width" is the difference of the heading of the user aircraft and the bearing from user to the live aircraft, mathematically speaking: sinus( abs(heading - bearing) ) * distance.

Not sure if I understand it right. Is that detection for removal of aircraft entering the runway with the user aircraft on short final?

1 hour ago, eddl said:

Not sure if I understand it right. Is that detection for removal of aircraft entering the runway with the user aircraft on short final?

Afirm.

23 minutes ago, kiek said:

Afirm

Thank you, that's great. 🙂 Will it also take care of possible conflicts when backtracking - meaning aircraft approaching each other with 180 degree difference? It seems it is nearly the same case, just with the user aircraft turned 180 degree.

But maybe I am wrong here. Anyways, looking forward to your implementation. Thank you very much in advance! 

1 hour ago, eddl said:

Will it also take care of possible conflicts when backtracking - meaning aircraft approaching each other with 180 degree difference? 

No, because it is an extended User Air collision function, the user aircraft must be in the air.

What you describe is a normal  ground to ground situation.

EDIT: You can try it out now, version 34.3.1 is available!

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

You can try it out now, version 34.3.1 is available!

Thank you very much. 🙂

Not able to check it this weekend, but looking forward to it.

To follow up on the threat, would it be possible to have also something more subtile then a follow me car, like a green arrow or something? And I had the blocked callsign entered from Real Traffic yesterday and hit the block/unblock button, but the aircrafts I tested did not disappeared. What could have caused this...

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

1 minute ago, Chandler said:

To follow up on the threat, would it be possible to have also something more subtile then a follow me car, like a green arrow or something? 

You probably have not read this thread completely. Please start from the beginning and you will get your answer.

4 minutes ago, Chandler said:

And I had the blocked callsign entered from Real Traffic yesterday and hit the block/unblock button, but the aircrafts I tested did not disappeared. What could have caused this...

If you enter a callsign manually in the textbox, you must hit Enter to activate it. The Block/Unblock button is to block a hint1 (without entering callsign manually). Please read the Manual chapter 11.

Edited by kiek

On 2/10/2023 at 11:07 PM, kiek said:

If you enter a callsign manually in the textbox, you must hit Enter to activate it. The Block/Unblock button is to block a hint1 (without entering callsign manually). Please read the Manual chapter 11.

Okay, checked...its not correctly mentioned in the manual, there is no hitting enter point, at least I havent seen it. And another thing I saw is the collision avoidance in the air is vertically 1000ft, could that be reduced to 500ft or something like that, as 1000ft is a normal RVSM separation. If I pass an aircraft in 1000ft it is erased, which makes it unrealistic.

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

3 hours ago, Chandler said:

..its not correctly mentioned in the manual, there is no hitting enter point, at least I havent seen it. 

No it is clearly written, you must have missed it, see page 10 about parameters:

Important!

How to enter a value in a textbox in the UI?

Put the cursor in the textbox (indicated by the light square brackets) type or edit the value, and when you are ready press the Enter key to make the new value active! In the green line at the bottom feedback will be given about your new value.

This holds for all text boxes in the GUI....

For the block/unblock button it is clearly stated that it blocks the hint1, not what you have entered in the textbox.

3 hours ago, Chandler said:

And another thing I saw is the collision avoidance in the air is vertically 1000ft, could that be reduced to 500ft or something like that, as 1000ft is a normal RVSM separation. If I pass an aircraft in 1000ft it is erased, which makes it unrealistic.

Okay, I'll change it to  600 ft.

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

No it is clearly written, you must have missed it, see page 10 about parameters:

Important!

How to enter a value in a textbox in the UI?

Put the cursor in the textbox (indicated by the light square brackets) type or edit the value, and when you are ready press the Enter key to make the new value active! In the green line at the bottom feedback will be given about your new value.

This holds for all text boxes in the GUI....

For the block/unblock button it is clearly stated that it blocks the hint1, not what you have entered in the textbox.

Okay, I'll change it to  600 ft.

Okay thanks!