Sign in to follow this  

AFG King Air released!

As you may have noted in today's files, AFG just released their Beech King Air 300. I've been playing with it all day, and it's really awesome. Thank you so much AFG.It was developed for FS2004 and works great there. I've been upgrading it for use in FSX for most of the day today.You can download the files I've done to upgrade it for FSX at http://www.flyingscool.com/files/FSX/AFGB300FSX.zipI was able to fix some issues (you'll need the FS2004 Kingair gauges and panel background files), but there are a few other issues that I can't fix. AFG is aware of them, but the developers of the plane don't currently have FSX, so they can't fix them yet.Mainly, the Master Warning and Caution buttons, Altitude Selector buttons, yoke on/off button, and buttons on the clock are inoperative in the VC (where the plane is intended to be flown from). Also, the wing lights and recog lights are inop on my system as far as I can tell. But all the other lights seem to work.The altitude selector can be manipulated from the keyboard, however, so, at least as far as I'm concerned, there are no major issues with the plane.A couple of hints, read the FAQ - http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/cgi-bin/forum...;num=1187000785For instance, the plane will tend to crawl forward unless you move the condition levers to idle (middle detent). And don't forget to install the effects files or the lights won't work.This is definitely a keeper for my system and I'll be adding it to my list of planes for FSX. Go check it out!AFG can't support my upgrade files, but I'm happy to answer any questions.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I am glad you gave the link, because I could not find it...even in the newest files listing. Maybe I had too much Jack Daniels the other night or something.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

For what reason would I want chose this one over the FSX default? Looks like nice freeware, but I cannot tell if its better than the default in any way. Thanks

Guest unitedpilot36

>For what reason would I want chose this one over the FSX>default? Looks like nice freeware, but I cannot tell if its>better than the default in any way. >>ThanksIt's a lot better, I've been using the FS9 version and am very impressed to say the least.

Lights work fine in FSX once you copy the effects (.fx) files into the effects folder. I set up a camera view so the GPS and altitude hold selector are front and center - altitude selector works fine then from the VC. Altitude selector also works fine from the 2D view (ctrl A)Here are some camera views I set up for anyone who wants to use them. I generated fresh GUIDs for each one.[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Pilot"Guid = {7632EF3B-CB87-4f5a-942B-BB73F07E5E26}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00InitialPbh= 14.00, 0.00, 0.00[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Pilot Panel"Guid = {59EDAF04-6A58-4a17-BEF4-B3E5F98CFAA4}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=60HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = -0.06, -0.33, 0.00InitialPbh= 5.00, 0.00, 0.00[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Pedestal"Guid = {02393E95-0CE2-4f1e-96EE-FD21630F9BD6}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.25, -0.33, 0.00InitialPbh= 40.00, 0.00, 0.00[CameraDefinition.004]Title = "Radios"Guid = {C1DCA879-B311-4572-A8E8-528829B1B0A8}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.41, -0.33, 0.22InitialPbh= 12.00, 0.00, 0.00[CameraDefinition.005]Title = "Copilot"Guid = {E27F1916-DCAA-4835-95CD-222BBA3A3B3B}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.74, -0.09, 0.00InitialPbh= 0.00, 0.00, 0.00[CameraDefinition.006]Title = "Jump Seat"Guid = {C5351FCD-7F71-4b4b-B782-B8BA347521B8}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.4SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.35, -0.09, -0.63InitialPbh= 7.00, 0.00, 0.00[CameraDefinition.007]Title = Cabin Facing RearGuid = {1E294E67-4EDF-4434-A38E-67A19844C3C0}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.40SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.47, 0.00, -0.37InitialPbh= 0.00, 0.00, 177.00[CameraDefinition.008]Title = Rear Seat RightGuid = {7B4B760B-F99C-4263-B7C8-B6BED0E29397}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.60SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz = 0.78, -0.11, -3.34InitialPbh= 0.00, 0.00, -1.00Paul Dahlen

Make sure to add the correct[CameraDefinition.00x]titles at the top of each of the above camera definitions.Interestingly enough, the GPS, radios, and autopilot gauges are all operative for me. The only inop gauges are the panel clock (I replaced it with the the Cessna172!clock gauge, which has operative buttons), the pilot's yoke on/off button (the co-pilot's works for me), the altitude selector, and the Master Warning and Caution lights on both sides of the cockpit.I'm surprised the alitude selector becomes operative when your view location goes below a particular height. Anybody have any idea why this would be so?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest JSPuonti

It could be that there is a "runaway" polygon blocking part of the view in the default camera position, or the camera is simply set too far back ending slightly inside the seat. If you move the viewpoint forward by one "notch", does the ALT selector become operational then, too? If it does, then the default view is most likely too far back.If it doesn't, pan the view around and try to see if there's anything else the camera might be colliding with. Also move it forward before panning, to make sure you're not already inside that "something" - you can't see the textures of an object inside of which the camera is.

http://www.flyingscool.com/images/B300.jpgThe gauges circled in red are not clickable. They function, but you can't click on them to make them work. Note that the autopilot control panel, radios, and switches surrounding the altitude selector are all clickable, but the altitude selector is not clickable. It works, but you can't click it unless your viewpoint is below the gauge in y (height).Interestingly, the yoke on/off button for the co-pilot works (the red button on the yoke), but not the one on the pilot's yoke. If I put my viewpoint in front of the pilot's yoke and turn around and look at it, the pilot's yoke button does work.No matter what my view angle was, or where I put the viewpoint, I couldn't get the clock on the panel or the caution/warning lights to work. The clock gauge works fine in the 2D panel.All the rest of the switches and gauges on the panel are clickable from the normal view point.I've asked the author to increase the size of the clock on the yoke so that the buttons can be made to be operable.I spoke to the author and he said that all the gauges were designed to be slightly off the surface they are attached to. Unfortunately, he does not have FSX, so he can't test it.Any thoughts on what is going on are appreciated. I really like flying this plane. And, yes, it is much better than the default 350. The panel is much clearer and it just has a nicer feel. I really like the removable yokes so you can access the switches. Yes, I know this has been done before, but it's a nice touch and an example of the thought that was put into the rest of the plane.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Can you show an image showing the wing lights and recognition lights working? I have the effects files installed, and all the rest of the lights work for me (landing/taxi/nav/tail/strobe, etc.).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>The gauges circled in red are not clickable. They function,>but you can't click on them to make them work. Note that the>autopilot control panel, radios, and switches surrounding the>altitude selector are all clickable, but the altitude selector>is not clickable. It works, but you can't click it unless>your viewpoint is below the gauge in y (height).Click spots in FSX are "problematic" at times. There are many reasons why they may fail to work, but one thing I've found as the most frequent cause are parts that have been "touched" by the Scale tool in Max/GMax. If one applies a X-Form modifier and then executes a Scale/Reset the mouse rectangles will become operational.Unfortunately, without a copy of FSX installed with which to test one's efforts, it becomes a lengthy trial-and-error process... :-bang

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't know what the recognition lights are, but when I turn the switch on (and all other lights off), no lights turn on except for the panel. Same thing for the wing lights. I assume they should exist, otherwise, why have a switch for them. And it doesn't say that they weren't modeled in the documentation.When I look at the aircraft.cfg, neither wing nor regnition lights are defined (types 7 and 8).I'm thinking these might have been forgotten?I'd add them myself, (assuming I can), but I don't even know what they should look like or where they should go.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Go ahead and put them all in your files if you want. Thanks for starting this thread and your work.I also disabled the master caution light in the xml code - got tired of watching it blink while I was flying and I couldn't turn it off.Paul Dahlen.