Sign in to follow this  
shazam

License Invalid - Contact Vendor

First...I've been using the RXP gear for years...it's amazing! I'm licensed for the GTNs, and we've actually taught r/w pilots to master new-to-them r/w GTNs in the sim. Electricity is SO much cheaper than 100LL!

For reasons too ugly to mention, I needed to move my X-Plane 11/12 to a virgin install of Win10. The XP11 was a was a working copy with the RXP GTNs already installed. The XP12 was a newly-licensed XP12 download and did not have the GTNs installed.

I copied the sub-directories of both to the SSD with the new Win10, grabbed the latest installer, and ran it. Usual procedure...it asked for the directories of both copies of XP, and fired off. Of course, Garmin Trainer was not installed on the new SSD, so it installed that, then installed the GTNs.

Not surprisingly, when I pulled up the GTNs in XP12, it told me I had an invalid license, and to contact support. No emails listed on the RXP web-site so here I am :-)

Poking around the old hard drive, I found a directory I had apparently created back in the dark ages with a copy of (probably quite old) rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe as well as both RXP-GTN650-X9.lic and RXP-GTN750-X9. lic files.

So...how do I convince the GTNs in the new XP12 that I'm worthy? Thanks in advance!

Jim

Edited by shazam

DId your installation process push you through the Ecommerce wrapper at Flight1 ?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, shazam said:

No sir!

Then I believe you need to download the Ecommerce Installer from the Reality XP website.  It will appear you are making a new purchase but when you get to the Flight1 Ecommerce wrapper (site) you can indicate it is a reinstallation and it will guide you through a verification of your license.  You will need the email address you used and your password for Flight1.

Frank (a fellow user)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks, Frank! I'll have a shot at in the morning, and let you know how it goes!

Jim

Thanks for your help, Frank! This worked perfect, and I am back in XP12/RXP-land!

A couple things, maybe of interest. I mentioned the old, old license files I had (i.e. RXP-GTN650-X9.lic), but the flight1 install didn't recognize that format. I had to log in to my flight1 account (after I guessed what the email I used was and had them help me get a new password :-) in the installer. Then it said 'you betcha!' and installed easy-peasy.

Second caveat....the installer I used before had installed the newest Garmin Trainer app, so first time thru I told the flight1 install it didn't need to....wrongo! It was unable to find the GT app/DB, so I got to install twice.

Thanks again!

Jim

• Like 1