Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

The beauty of X-Plane 12

1 hour ago, rka said:

I'd guess that at least some points from the above list will happen rather in XP13 than in XP12.

XP13 to fix AA and shimmering? wow. 

46 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Are you really going to believe that?

🤦‍♂️

If ever I saw misinformation, his post was a prime example. 
Are you here for information on X-Plane, or are you going to believe a person who’s never said a positive word about it?

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rka said:

Can we reduce the secrecy a bit? LR is clearly not under NDA with regard to XP.

I don’t work for Laminar. I’m volunteering my time to help with fixes and suggestions. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The best performance tweak I've done in XP12 was to turn off the frame counter data feed. I fly along smoothly and stutter free blissfully unaware of whether my frame rate is 28 or 37 or 54. 

I agree that there are still quite a few issues with XP12 that need sorting out but for me, I've chosen to stop obsessing about them and just fly happy in the knowledge that with each update LR releases, the sim (mostly) gets better.

Edited by Malaromane
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I don’t work for Laminar. I’m volunteering my time to help with fixes and suggestions. 

Nobody addressed you, we were talking about LRs communication a few comments above when you decided to chime in about NDAs.

Also I think it's funny that you are talking about misinformation when most of what you're doing here the past days is trying to contradict people's posts about issues with, say, AA...

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Sorry for that mess, it was unintended!

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

5 minutes ago, rka said:

Sorry for that mess, it was unintended!

If you mean the six duplicated posts I've just hidden them. No repeat please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

46 minutes ago, rka said:

Nobody addressed you, we were talking about LRs communication a few comments above when you decided to chime in about NDAs.

Actually, yes.  You did.  

46 minutes ago, rka said:

Also I think it's funny that you are talking about misinformation when most of what you're doing here the past days is trying to contradict people's posts about issues with, say, AA...

Please find any posts I made where I said the AA doesn't need work?  I'll wait.

I did ask people to post comparisons to what I was seeing...in the post I made, including screenshots of different FSR and AA settings.  Because of the possibility of differences between my M1 Max MBP and an nvidia equipped Windows PC.

Perhaps you might inform yourself a little bit more, before you start posting misinformation, like you always do.  Unlike a select few other people, I actually post evidence of my statements.  None of this, "In my opinion...", "I'm guessing...", "Going by what they said, It should be..."

Edited by GoranM

10 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I take it everyone is just being facetious now as these things are never coming? 

Zink (fixing plugin flickering on AMD GPUs) is definitely coming. The only roadblock for a public release is AMD who remains too incompetent to fix their Windows drivers.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

32 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Zink (fixing plugin flickering on AMD GPUs) is definitely coming. The only roadblock for a public release is AMD who remains too incompetent to fix their Windows drivers.

What about Nvidia? 

7 hours ago, GoranM said:
7 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Are you really going to believe that?

🤦‍♂️

If ever I saw misinformation, his post was a prime example. 
Are you here for information on X-Plane, or are you going to believe a person who’s never said a positive word about it?

On the other sims forum this poster was always positive, yet as in the post above his posts are considerably less positive.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 hours ago, Malaromane said:

I agree that there are still quite a few issues with XP12 that need sorting out but for me, I've chosen to stop obsessing about them and just fly happy in the knowledge that with each update LR releases, the sim (mostly) gets better.

Well said 👏👏👏

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

On the other sims forum this poster was always positive, yet as in the post above his posts are considerably less positive.

What are you talking about? How is my post either negative or positive? It’s a neutral post, I am merely enquiring if AA/shimmering and performance will be addressed. (As are others). Someone said not until XP13; to which I was quite surprised, and so I posted my astonishment. This was then debunked by another member as fake news.

You don’t have to personally pick on each post I make you know? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

7 hours ago, rka said:

Personally I feel the word 'contradict' should be replaced with 'reassure'.  Also the word 'misinformation' should also be replaced, because he is possibly the most positive and helpful poster in this forum.  

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Upvote 1