What about Nvidia? 

There's a whole scale forming. 

words

word not allowed

The word Linus Torvalds to express his love of nvidia

words developers use

words developers use to describe windows

words developers use to describe AMD windows drivers

words Laminar Research use on their internal bug database.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

16 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

On the other sims forum this poster was always positive, yet as in the post above his posts are considerably less positive.

I've definitely noticed this.  No matter the size of the issue or bug, in anything other than X-Plane, rka is always helpful and always looks on the brighter side.  What a guy!

16 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What are you talking about? How is my post either negative or positive?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about rka.  I've seen his posts become very polite, helpful and courteous when it comes to other flight sims.  However, when it comes to X-Plane, not a single positive post said about it.  If I had that many negative things to say about a product, I certainly wouldn't even waste my time considering purchasing it.  Let alone slap a constant reminder on my profile to everyone that I'm a customer of the company that makes it.

But seeing as he's made it official, by adding a banner that says "Laminar Research customer", it must be a legitimate statement, along with giving him some kind of authority to go around and point out every negative point he could find about X-Plane, regardless if it's factual or not.  I'm actually considering adding a similar signature to my profile.  Apparently, that's all a person needs.  A signature proclaiming he/she is a customer of a company, so they can go into a forum for that company and proceed to critique it, at every possible opportunity, and expect everyone to just accept those criticisms.  What a way to exist in a forum!

In any case, it's definitely interesting to see you take an interest in X-Plane.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

Considering how much some people here obviously need to talk about me and reasssure themselves of their beliefs, I can't be completely wrong, if I may say so...

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

After a few weeks without playing XP12 I decided to give it a go.

Updated to the latest RC, loaded a Simbrief FP from LPPR to LPPT, Toliss A319, XP12 built-in ATC, Real Word Weather....

1) LPPR airport is very well done - pro level!

2) the painted clouds, at LPPR and enroute, were pretty acceptable (*)

3) ATC got some update - it has new details, having imported the Simbrief flightplan into XP's Output \ FMS flighplans folder I still don't get how to import it into the "fill the flightplan" window in the ATC, so I typed it...

4) took off and soon after the "fun" began, with the Toliss being thrown across winds of 50+ / 80+ knot that shift all of a sudden in direction and / or strenght 😞 ruining an otherwise acceptable experience.... So, it's not only the turbulence but also these weird shifts in direction + intensity of aloft winds 😞

5) ATC never follows the flightplan and keeps vectoring me even when at the same time telling me to "resume own navigation" 😞  On descent and when told to contact approach, it always gives me a runway which is not only not eligible due to the winds but also different from the one preconized by the flightplan 😞

X-Plane has always been a mix of sensations ...

I get beck running to Aerowinx PSX standalone ... (no, MFS isn't an alternative, other than for scenery browsing... other than that it is simply too arcadish...)

(*) I had to quit the flight during descent due to the increasing wind shifts that started bouncing the Toliss madly enough for my patience to go to negative levels + the silly ATC vectoring me for an approach to LPPT 20, when it was really not supposed to be used due to the METAR wind 😕 and the flightplan I had filled... (I know XP's ATC is still blind for STARs, but still...)

Edited by cagarini
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, rka said:

Considering how much some people here obviously need to talk about me and reasssure themselves of their beliefs, I can't be completely wrong, if I may say so...

'Reassure themselves of their beliefs' is a typical statement from yourself that creates negative responses to you. Personally, I would instead use the phrase 'people that enjoy X-Plane', both to be accurate and convey a positive attitude to LR for issues yet to be solved.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, cagarini said:

After a few weeks without playing XP12 I decided to give it a go.

Updated to the latest RC, loaded a Simbrief FP from LPPR to LPPT, Toliss A319, XP12 built-in ATC, Real Word Weather....

1) LPPR airport is very well done - pro level!

2) the painted clouds, at LPPR and enroute, were pretty acceptable (*)

3) ATC got some update - it has new details, having imported the Simbrief flightplan into XP's Output \ FMS flighplans folder I still don't get how to import it into the "fill the flightplan" window in the ATC, so I typed it...

4) took off and soon after the "fun" began, with the Toliss being thrown across winds of 50+ / 80+ knot that shift all of a sudden in direction and / or strenght 😞 ruining an otherwise acceptable experience.... So, it's not only the turbulence but also these weird shifts in direction + intensity of aloft winds 😞

5) ATC never follows the flightplan and keeps vectoring me even when at the same time telling me to "resume own navigation" 😞  On descent and when told to contact approach, it always gives me a runway which is not only not eligible due to the winds but also different from the one preconized by the flightplan 😞

X-Plane has always been a mix of sensations ...

I get beck running to Aerowinx PSX standalone ... (no, MFS isn't an alternative, other than for scenery browsing... other than that it is simply too arcadish...)

(*) I had to quit the flight during descent due to the increasing wind shifts that started bouncing the Toliss madly enough for my patience to go to negative levels + the silly ATC vectoring me for an approach to LPPT 20, when it was really not supposed to be used due to the METAR wind 😕 and the flightplan I had filled... (I know XP's ATC is still blind for STARs, but still...)

I will try this one https://www.fsrealwx.de/ . One month for trial period

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GalaioSilva said:

I will try this one https://www.fsrealwx.de/ . One month for trial period

Looks interesting.

I used two 3 different weather injectors with XP11, and of the 4 my preferred were NOAA plugin and ASXP.

Also used FSRW I guess...

Wonder how it'll cope with the lack of an SDK.

Yesterday noticed yet another rather annoying problem with this rc3 - totally out of sync METAR data 😕

Was trying the usual flight tests between Porto and Lisboa and while IRL we were using 35 and 02 respectively for takeoff and landing, and Simbrief gave me a flightplan with that in mind, XP12 has winds from the South 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 1/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What about Nvidia? 

No issues on that front. NVidia does Vulkan-OpenGL bridging just fine on the driver level and has been for a long time now.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 1/26/2023 at 2:53 PM, cagarini said:

without playing XP12

XP12 now confirmed as being a game. Checkmate, "serious" simmmers.

(😉)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days