Good morning everyone. I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if my posts aren't directed to the right place. I'm working on flight planning with Little Navmap in connection with MSFS 2020. For the moment, I'm using single-engine touring aircraft, therefore with flights on low enroutes. One problem I have encountered is that of identifying the wps that I insert in the flight plan, I specify that normally I love to fly without the help of GPS, which for me takes away a lot of the charm and difficulty of flying. So I need to identify each WP, usually by radial and distance from a VOR, or intersection of two radials. For example, speaking of an eastern approach to Santander (LEXJ) in Spain, I could use the WP called SORPO. But if I go to the info of this WP, I only find the coordinates, which are of no use to me during the flight, while I need to know how to reach this WP. So, with the help of the measuring tool I identify it as 115.30 SNR at 281° / 17 nm. So my question is this. How do I enter this information in the flight plan table that I will save and then print before the flight is performed? I noticed that if I insert this info in the Notes, then when I load the flight plan and print it it disappeared... How are you doing, do you have any other ideas? Thanks very much for the help. Steve. PS. Of course it would be too nice if this info were automatically inserted in the notes of each WP...!

I have moved your topic to the proper forum for our question.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Look up at the top of the page!.  You are in the Little Navmap forum.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

@Steve Caruthers You add the information into the flight plan remarks column by right clicking on a flight plan waypoint on the map or the flight plan table and selecting "Edit Flight Plan Position or Edit Flight Plan Position Remarks" Edit Flight Plan Position. This will add the information to a waypoint and not the flight plan in general.

The remarks can be shown in the flight plan table and in the user aircraft progress tab for the next waypoint. You probably have to enable the display for remarks. See menu tools for display options. Same for printing. Make sure to have the column remarks enabled in the print flight plan dialog.

Also save the plan in LNMPLN format. Saving and loading to/from all other format will drop the remarks.

Alex

Thank you Alex for your incomparable job !

In fact I had already experimented with this solution (also valid for any WP user included in the flight plan), but I was perplexed to notice that the remarks were not saved on exporting the file to MSFS 2020 (but only in LNMPLN), and you confirm that this problem exists.

So my procedure is this:

1) save the flight plan as LNMPLN

2) print the flight plan with the correct columns displayed (so with the remarks)

3) export as MSFS to be able to load it into the simulator.

Quite right ?

It's a somewhat laborious procedure, but it's not that long and it's worth...

Many thanks, Steve

2 hours ago, Steve Caruthers said:

but I was perplexed to notice that the remarks were not saved on exporting the file to MSFS 2020 (but only in LNMPLN), and you confirm that this problem exists.

The MSFS PLN format is quite limited an cannot save or load any remarks at all. This is why I created my own flight plan format to avoid such issues.

Your steps to save a right. You can reload the remarks from the LNMPLN and see them in LNM but not in MSFS.

BTW: If you set up the multiexport you can do 1 and 3 with one click. Select LNMPLN and MSFS PLN in the multiexport dialog, adjust the paths and then you can save all the stuff with one click. See https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/ROUTEEXPORTALL.html

Go to menu file and click "Multiexport Flight Plan" or Multiexport Flight Plan on the toolbar folder to save both files at once once setup.

Alex