Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Return à Misty Moorings now available for MSFS.

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I just made my first water landing in MSFS with the Beaver. But, how do you stop at a dock - or is that not possible?

I think I read somewhere there is a way to make an anchor for MSFS, but I can't remember where I read it or how. 

Just found this thread. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think I read somewhere there is a way to make an anchor for MSFS, but I can't remember where I read it or how. 

Just found this thread. 

Cool - the Beaver (a great plane, by the way) has an anchor!. Thanks!

Edited by ricka47
  • Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

If you have addon linker installed, then you can make a new folder called MistyMoorings or something. And drop all the MM packages in that one folder. 

Now boot Addon Linker and click on that one folder and an icon,  and all the dozens MM packages are now added into the sim.

Then, whenever you like, click on that folder and on another icon and presto all 33 MM packages are removed and nothing else is removed.

If you don't  have Addon Linker then examine the community folder and identify the MM packages as opposed to the packages that are not related to MM. And move to storage somewhere only those MM packages. Later on, when you are ready, you can put them all back in again.

So there's a choice of whether to use addon linker or not. Which will affect the speed of managing MSFS with MistyMorings installed.

Well I bit the bullet   and got add on linker installed. The only thing I will use it for is the Misty Moorings files, but once I got it set up it was pretty easy to use, and I can see it will come in handy. . 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Brings back old memories. I flew all over this area for months in multiplayer with about 5 other flyers.     It looks alot better now on MSFS..

• Like 1

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I watched a video on Add on linker, and decided that I really have no need for it, seems to just add more complexity to starting a flight. 

I have the AOL installed.  Like you I just want to start MSFS and go flying.

I have the AOL for one reason only - organization & (like @Fielder said) - management.

I dont enable/disable stuff, everything (all 300GB) is always enabled.

My folders:

• Airports (with country subfolders)
  • Airplanes
  • Airliner liveries (with a/c type subfolders)
  • GA Liveries
  • Scenery (with area sub folders) Misty Moorings will go in here
  • Sky
  • Ground
  • Water
  • Other (hide toolbar etc)
  • Libraries

If you dont have a huge community folder then management is easier. And even then if you've renamed folders to reflect content within them then that also makes it easy to manage.

So AOL is not absolutely needed but it does make things easier to manage , organize and troubleshoot.

• Like 2

.......well, was it available? if so in what form? who made it available then? who made it available now? why is it available? why wasn't it available previously? how did they make it available?

Think there needs to be a resignation. I'll start a petition.

😉🤣

Edited by GaryK
  • Like 2

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

1 hour ago, GaryK said:

Think there needs to be a resignation. I'll start a petition.

😊🤣. the English invented humor.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

This is wonderful. I used to so enjoy flying my Bird Dog around Misty moorings. I mostly fly the 737 now, but I'll definitely install this and take the Beaver out and revisit some old haunts. One thing I miss unless I'm mistaken, and I may be, is a map of all the locations, or have I forgotten? Is such a map available? 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Brilliant! Thanks matey.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Regarding Mooring Float / Amphibians in MSFS, You can download Lorby-SI's Mooring app here (scroll down 3/4) to: FREE: Lorby Mooring for P3D V4.x, V5.x and MSFS)https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Who is Misty Moorings? A stripper?

:laugh:

Howard