Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Best Co-Pilot Addon for Only Callouts and Checklists

Hello, I’m interested in getting opinions on which is the better conpilot addon right now if I’m really just focused on something that will add callouts and run audible checklists…the two options look to be FS2Crew (which I’ve used in the past in P3D) and Flight Simulator First Officer (FSFO).

I’m not really interested in having the program run flows etc, I like to be the one pressing buttons and getting the aircraft set up.  So which one is better in this area is not a factor for me.

My priorities would be ease of setup and use plus audio quality.  I think both offer automatic/button/voice options so that looks to be a wash.

I’d be looking to use this with the Fenix and PMDG 737s primarily (in understand these are individual purchases).

Thanks for any insights!

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

FSFO, also it is freeware (no you dont need the $15 US Fenix supplement) - I use this every flight with these aircraft.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Oh very cool, I didn’t realize there was a freeware version…that’s a no brainer to try it out then.  I assume all the payware versions are more accurate or more detailed or something?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I haven't tried FSO but I do own FS2Crew for the A320, CRJ and 737 for msfs20. The first two are ok, but they put a lot of effort into the pmdg 737 version and I love it. It feels like having someone in the cockpit

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

I’m really just focused on something that will add callouts and run audible checklists…

I’m not really interested in having the program run flows etc, I like to be the one pressing buttons and getting the aircraft set up.  

As it happens, I acquired the Fenix A320 just last week and I am working on an amplified in-game checklist.  If you enable assisted checklist mode in MSFS, each item is called out. The checklist itself is complete, but I am working on getting the state of each item (Nav lights, brakes, ..) tested. Let me know if you want to test a beta version.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 4

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

Oh very cool, I didn’t realize there was a freeware version…that’s a no brainer to try it out then.  I assume all the payware versions are more accurate or more detailed or something?

probably, dont own it.  however for the speed callouts and a few other items, it work great

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Multi Crew experience is not the cheapest, but is arguably the best FO addon.  One version works with all aircraft to include the PMDG and Fenix.  It is extremely powerful and customizable (and not reliant on scripts or dependent on phase of flight), and so it might be overkill for what you're looking for now.  But if you think you'll want to explore more functionality from one of these add-ons going forward, it's a good option.

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

I also recommend Multi Crew Experience. 

You can use it just for checklists and callouts if you want.

Checklists are fully customizable and the current state of checklist items is checked.

It comes with several prerecorded voices and supports any TTS voice you have installed.

12 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

FSFO, also it is freeware (no you dont need the $15 US Fenix supplement) - I use this every flight with these aircraft.

Looking at his page is only free for b747

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

and supports any TTS voice you have installed.

& which may match your co-pilot in an ATC addon ....

for now, cheers

john martin

Definately FS2Crew. Using it for the FBW 320, the PMDG 737 and their RAAS. Great products i can only recommend.

And also a big shoutout to Bryan, the developer of FS2C and his great support. I was running into a problem after the installation of FS2C failed and i was getting an error message which made the program unusable for me. I contacted him via Discord and he immediately asked if we could run a remote session. He fixed my issue in about 30 minutes and left me as a happy customer. No need for support tickets and stuff.

Great guys over there! 🙂

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Thanks for the responses everyone, I’m going to give FSFO a try today.  

Dave

Do these programs work for all aircraft or just airliners?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049