Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Rotate MD11

Greetings. Just wondering if there are any rw pilots here who have flown this and can give their opinion.

it looks interesting and I do miss the MD11 from PMDG.

Thanks for any responses.

Not a rw pilot, but did fly the PMDG MD-11 and loved it. Bought the Rotate version on early access to give support to the developers in Xplane and after a rough release and several updates, the Xplane version is starting to mature in a positive manner. Still needs work, but Rotate has a history of making things better with time, take the case of their MD-80, which is a real solid plane after a rough start. Hope this helps.  Skip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Never flown the DC-10 or MD-11 in rw but lot of other stuff. I got the Rotate MD11 recently (It is not cheap) but so far very impressed, not perfect but very good. Yet to do any serious sim flying with it but I have no reason to believe it will not meet my expectations (A modernised DC-10 is what I wanted). It is top of the pile for a high fidelity addon and the graphics are very well done as are the systems. At the moment just getting used to those systems and getting data from my planning system into the MD11. Glad I bought it and look forward to doing some flying in it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A good point of the MD11 is that it has been upgraded to work in XP12 properly. I now only will use XP12 compatible aeroplanes - had to much grief with XP11 stuff not working or having issues in XP12 and that includes several payware aircraft that are now parked until the developer comes up with a rebuild for XP12. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks very much for the replies.

dave

I wonder, how I can turnoff the landing- and taxi lights. I want to turn the switches in the "up-position", but they flip down immediately. A couple of minutes ago, I reinstalled the MD-11 from a new download, but the issue remain. 😢

*** Edit ***
Problem solved. I forgot, I did assign keys on my Honeycomb TQ for them. Sorry.

Edited by VBV109