Sign in to follow this  
Guest danny68

FSX default A321 problem

Guest amis

I have a problem with pitch trim in default A321. It works when on RWY, but 1-2 seconds after take off it gets block in position UP1. I can

Not sure, but that's probably by design. The Airbus has fly-by-wire (FBW) controls and one of the things FBW does is automatically set pitch trim, I think...I am sure someone who is 100% sure of their answer will reply soon enough...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fbespeleta

>Not sure, but that's probably by design. The Airbus has>fly-by-wire (FBW) controls and one of the things FBW does is>automatically set pitch trim, I think...>>I am sure someone who is 100% sure of their answer will reply>soon enough...>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetoriani dont think so...fly-by-wire can't be simulated in MS flight simulator because it is not electrically controlled. you can only simulate fly by wire in a real simulator but not in PC Simulators. our controls in PC Sim are just response to out joysticks translated through a serial bus, then through a software (via driver) then to FSX... a real FBW system would transmit electrical signals to the aircrafts nav controls and there will be "controls automation" logics that will translate these signals...

Most of us know what FBW means and how it works.FSX uses a different set of FD rules when they code the .air and .cfg with FBW to simulate its use vs cable control.

>i dont think so...fly-by-wire can't be simulated in MS flight>simulator because it is not electrically controlled. you can>only simulate fly by wire in a real simulator but not in PC>Simulators. That's just flat faulty reasoning. One can simulate anything in FS with the right code... :-sun1 ACES has programmed a form of "black box code" that simulates FBW. This is new for FSX and still hasn't gone through its field trials (or is that trial-by-fire?) :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Marlin Manhiem

Make sure that your flight control computers are turned on. The buttons are at or toward the top of the overhead, above the pilot seat and also above the copilot seat.Hope that helps.

Guest danny68

maybe wait and try the PMDG airbus which they said was coming out soon. a long time ago they said that but said it

Guest amis

>Make sure that your flight control computers are turned on.>The buttons are at or toward the top of the overhead, above>the pilot seat and also above the copilot seat.>>Hope that helps.Thank you man. Flight control computers were all on - and that was the problem. :-).I turned off SEC 1 and I can use elevator trim and also other problems with controling A321 were solved. Thanks for tip.

Guest jshyluk

Some folks will call turning off the A321 flight computers "Going Boeing". If you are expecting to fly the Airbus like you would a 737, well, in a word, don't. It's quite different. From what I know, the real world Airbus puts a bug on the PFD showing the pilot where the sidestick is at, but FSX doesn't model this. Without the bug, you kind of have to guess at what percentage you are calling for controls with the sidestick, i.e., if you want a 5% climb, you pull back on the stick 5% and then let go (of forward pressure). When you want to level out, you cancel out the climb by pushing forward until you've zeroed out the climb, then let go. Also, the flight computers won't let you pull advanced manoeuvres like a barrel roll. The computers also automatically adjust your trim.Turn the computers off, and the FSX Airbus will become very lively indeed. If I am wrong here, someone will hopefully correct me, since I am just going on my own research into the Airbus family, I don't have any real-world experience with the cockpits of these aircraft.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

I think that even with the flight control computers off the default A321 flies much differently than the default B737. I think that's what you were saying up there.I've flown the A321 both ways. In some respects, I do like the feel of the Airbus with the computers on. However in some other respects, I like the way it flies without them (the three on the right side of the upper panel to "off"). In particular I think the FBW's stick pullback on short final is implemented in the sim in a strange way. But then, what do I know. I have never flown an A321 in real life. :) And I tell my panicked sim passengers, "I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night." as I make my white-knuckle final into MGGT.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>It

Rhett

Guest jshyluk

Well, I have a source here that suggests that you don't really want to flare an Airbus; you fly it straight onto the runway, more or less. I groove on the Piper Cub, not so much the Airbus, so all I can do is pass on stuff from my research notes:Okay, you're approaching final. Your airspeed is below 200 kts, and you are at flaps 1. When you capture the localizer, you go to flaps 2 and 180 kts. On glideslipe intercept, lower the gear and go to flaps 4. Slow to Vref +10m which should be around 140kts, with the engines, well, running pretty hot, because I can't recall their precentages off hand. You slow to Vref as you touch the runway, with the nose up maybe 5% -- it's a flat noisy approach.Flare at around 30 ft above the runway. Pitch up only very, very slightly, as more than 10% will give you a tail strike. As you touch down, the throttles go to just above idle. After touchdown, hit the thrust reversers and slow to 80 kts. Coast as long as you can before engaging toe brakes. This checklist I have yet to try with the FSX Airbus, although I've used it with FS9 jets. I don't think I will have the time to experiment with it for the next couple of days, so if anyone tries this out, please report back and see if it helps!Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

>Well, I have a source here that suggests that you don't>really want to flare an Airbus; you fly it straight onto the>runway, more or less. That's exactly what I said Jeff: ...flat... airbus flare.More accurately, no flare to speak of. Flat.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest amis

>You can master the landing with the computers on. What you>have to do is, expect the stick pullback, and counteract it>with down elevator at the same time. >>RhettI don