Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

GSX Pro gets remote de-icing and more

2 hours ago, petz_e said:

Does anyone get GSX working with the CRJ at a stand? All ground services are connecting correctly except for the passengers and the crew. As soon as they come in contact with the stairs, they get pulled up straight into the air and appear a few seconds later 10 feet away from the entrance, still walking in mid air.

I tried with or without a CRJ profile from flightsim.to, different airports, different airport profiles nothing worked correctly. 

I have never seen this happening, CRJ works fine for me with GSX. Probably worth a ticket / email for GSX support to see what's going on.
Also just to be sure hit "reset" on the aircraft customisation window (in-game) so any old faulty configs for the CRJ will be deleted.

2 hours ago, petz_e said:

Does anyone get GSX working with the CRJ at a stand? All ground services are connecting correctly except for the passengers and the crew. As soon as they come in contact with the stairs, they get pulled up straight into the air and appear a few seconds later 10 feet away from the entrance, still walking in mid air.

I tried with or without a CRJ profile from flightsim.to, different airports, different airport profiles nothing worked correctly. 

Yes, I have same problem. Restart COATL Engine before boarding the crew and passengers. But on tarmac, after loading the plane. It helped me. PAX to the stars! Yey

Edited by Lazer_cz
typo

@Chapstick

.... another great update, many thanks, looking forward to trying it out later today.

I've noticed which may be of interest to the devs... in icy conditions, GSX advises to delay engine start until after pushback. This introduces a problem because the 'confirm good engine start' message appears whilst the engines are still starting up and it's too early to respond. After a few seconds the 'confirm good engine start' message re-appears but if it's still not possible to respond, (engines still starting) you don't seem to get any further opportunity to respond and it's as if the menu gets stuck and prevents the pushback operation from being completed. 

Do the devs monitor these posts or should I report the issue directly?

Edited by slicker55
  • Like 1

i9-12900K 3.20GHz | Z690 Hero | 64Gb DDR5 5200MHz | RTX3090 O24G | 2TB Firecuda 530 M.2 | RM1000x | H170i ELITE | Corsair 7000D | Samsung Neo G9 | TrackIR | ButtKicker | Honeycomb Bravo | TM TCA Boeing & Sidestick | MFG Crosswinds | Logitech Multi/Radio Panels | Win 10 | MSFS 2020 | (revised May 2023)

Hi Umberto,

>> GSX Pro Change: Changed Deicing fluid colors to be more realistic: Type 1 = Yellow, Type 2 = Clear, Type 3 = Orange, Type 4 = Green.

you mixed up Type 1 and Type  3, see e.g. here :

I-0343.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

44 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Hi Umberto,

>> GSX Pro Change: Changed Deicing fluid colors to be more realistic: Type 1 = Yellow, Type 2 = Clear, Type 3 = Orange, Type 4 = Green.

you mixed up Type 1 and Type  3, see e.g. here :

I-0343.jpg

Thanks for hat Mike!  Do you know to a technical document or explanation of the different types?  Sorry, scratch that request.  I found a few links below.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/publications/when-doubtsmall-large-aircraft-aircraft-critical-surface-contamination-training-tp-10643/chapter-3-deicing-anti-icing-fluids-15

https://aircrafticing.grc.nasa.gov/2_3_3_1.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Deicing_Fluid

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

3, see e.g. here

Why am I thirsty now?

• Like 1

And the nightmare continues…after the update boarding of pmdg 738 does not work anymore. 

Doors don‘t open automatically as they did before the update. The program simply don‘t recognize the command because I also don‘t get any voice feedback.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

38 minutes ago, Severne said:

And the nightmare continues…after the update boarding of pmdg 738 does not work anymore. 

Doors don‘t open automatically as they did before the update. The program simply don‘t recognize the command because I also don‘t get any voice feedback.

Same problem here

Guys, are there any benefits for using this addon with GA aircraft and private flying, such as the Kingair... or is this mostly for commercial use?

Edited by hangar

35 minutes ago, Drakkenblade said:

Same problem here

Yes, same here as well.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

The most useful of all changes in the update is "GSX Pro NEW: Added an option to Ignore the Departure time when using Simbrief."

you're welcome virtuali

When I originally bought GSX, on my first use I got an error telling my flight plan was out of date - HUH? I reported it on the FSDT forum and was attacked by other users, and especially virtuali for having the audacity to suggest that GSX shouldn't care whether MY flightplan was stale (and that quite honestly flight plan currency shouldn't be any business of GSX, and it certainly shouldn't block me from using it with GSX. I tried to explain that I don't always have tons of time when I sit down to sim, so sometimes I use a previously created simbrief plan to get up and flying quickly - from the responses on the forum you'd have thought I was the devil incarnate for even considering such a ridiculous idea. I guess I figured it was not reasonable to be forced to use a current flightplan created with a fake planning tool to use on my fake flight in a fake world - but there you have it, tyrants gonna tyrant. So I uninstalled and virtuali was decent enough to refund my $$.

I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it might be a good idea to not enforce FSDT's idea of acceptable flight plan currency.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I just updated GSX and am on my first flight. SWA 2292 KBOS-KBWI.

Refueling, catering, boarding, and de-icing at the gate all worked properly. All of the doors opened and closed on the 738 as required.

59 minutes before I can test arrival procedures.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

25 minutes ago, hangar said:

Guys, are there any benefits for using this addon with GA aircraft and private flying, such as the Kingair... or is this mostly for commercial use?

It's useful whenever you want at least pushback or marshalling into a stand. Any aircraft light enough that you can just get out and push yourself won't need the program. 😉

17 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Nice update. Can you tell me what is the proper method for updating?

Thanks

FSDT live update .. you should already have it

1 hour ago, somiller said:

The most useful of all changes in the update is "GSX Pro NEW: Added an option to Ignore the Departure time when using Simbrief."

you're welcome virtuali

When I originally bought GSX, on my first use I got an error telling my flight plan was out of date - HUH? I reported it on the FSDT forum and was attacked by other users, and especially virtuali for having the audacity to suggest that GSX shouldn't care whether MY flightplan was stale (and that quite honestly flight plan currency shouldn't be any business of GSX, and it certainly shouldn't block me from using it with GSX. I tried to explain that I don't always have tons of time when I sit down to sim, so sometimes I use a previously created simbrief plan to get up and flying quickly - from the responses on the forum you'd have thought I was the devil incarnate for even considering such a ridiculous idea. I guess I figured it was not reasonable to be forced to use a current flightplan created with a fake planning tool to use on my fake flight in a fake world - but there you have it, tyrants gonna tyrant. So I uninstalled and virtuali was decent enough to refund my $$.

I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it might be a good idea to not enforce FSDT's idea of acceptable flight plan currency.

You know you can edit the departure times on simbrief flight plans right?

Or change the in-sim time to match the flight plan?

Both are quick and simple. There’s even a button on the edit flight plan page to sync it to the current time.

Edited by Tuskin38