Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trankan

Flicker in FSX

Guest Trankan

Hi!If I open for example the overhead panel in the cockpit, and move the cursor over a gauge, the view that you see through the cockpit window changes its position a little. When i move the cursor away from the gauge, the view goes normal again. It's not the easiest thing to explain, so the best would be if you could download and watch the short movie that I have attached. I run FSX in window mode, and I have the latest drivers for my graphic card. The panel that I'm using is the A321, and I don't know if the problem appears when using other panels too.I don't know why I have this problem, but I have noticed that FSX seem to be interrupted by other windows. For example, if someone comes online on Messenger, everything to the left of the little window that appears to the right looks strange. Maybe the problem can be vasFMC that is running in the background? Can it maybe interrupt FSX? I appreciate all help I can get...Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)2046MB RAMDirectX 9.0cNVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

I know exactly what you are seeing.I installed the 162.18 driver and the problem went away.If I turned off tooltips there was no problem either. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Trankan

Thank you for your replay Mace! I have the 162.18 driver installed, so that doesn't seem to help, but when I turned off tooltips the problem dissapeared. But what if you want tooltips? Is there any solution to avoid the problem without turn off tooltips?

Guest Trankan

I have tested to use vasFMC together with FSX, with the NavDisplay active and set to be always on top. I have the NavDisplay placed to the left a bit from the top of the screen. When I have the NavDisplay activated, everything that is below the top of the NavDisplay freezes, and only the strip between the top of the display and the top of the screen continues to work. The same thing happens if someone comes online on Messenger while I have FSX running. The little window that appears at the bottom right of the screen makes everything from the top of it down to the bottom of the screen to freeze until it has disappeared. I don't know what's wrong, does anyone have any ideas?

>I have tested to use vasFMC together with FSX, with the>NavDisplay active and set to be always on top. I have the>NavDisplay placed to the left a bit from the top of the>screen. When I have the NavDisplay activated, everything that>is below the top of the NavDisplay freezes, and only the strip>between the top of the display and the top of the screen>continues to work. The same thing happens if someone comes>online on Messenger while I have FSX running. The little>window that appears at the bottom right of the screen makes>everything from the top of it down to the bottom of the screen>to freeze until it has disappeared. I don't know what's wrong,>does anyone have any ideas?No more ideas from me except that I suggest you go over the nzone.com and post there. Reportedly, nVidia people go there some and if you yell enough you might be heard.I did give you a workaround (turn off tooltips) but I am like you--I really wanted tooltips. I am lucky that the new driver seems to have solved the issue for me.There is/was some issue with other windows interfering with the way FSX displays its windows. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Trankan

Thank you for the tip, I have posted a thread at nzone.com now.