Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

More Chicago (mostly around Navy Pier)

Warning - not much flying here, really just sightseeing around the DD Chicago cityscape, and even then mostly just the Navy Pier. Won't appeal to everybody but this is why I have the sim and spend the time and money I do on it. For those that like this stuff - enjoy!

yFNj1Sr.jpg

I haven't bothered with Meigs Field. Not part of my history with the sim and I'm happy with the current representation
d8sobfh.jpg

Y7wVIWx.jpg

Nice day for it!
MA4K4Z4.jpg

LMS6OJG.jpg

acEfA6M.jpg

The level of detail here is pretty amazing
plC3EZC.jpg

RL29W2c.jpg

TUZoPa7.jpg

xrlAul5.jpg

jisNhzy.jpg

I64dyYz.jpg

l16GFNs.jpg

3OLq4ar.jpg

I've decided to call these odd lumps of bad PG "uglifacts". Seems appropriate.
HGHhs24.jpg

Reason I grabbed this shot is all the gulls. Can't remember the name of the various birds packages I got, but they do add atmosphere, for sure
7ZPwkTE.jpg

YxYAuMP.jpg

E5eqOEQ.jpg

LrgKG6M.jpg

EmmTT81.jpg

This is why I love MSFS.

• Like 12

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Wonderful, relaxing tour. Your sentiments strike a chord with me.

• Like 2

I have these and have yet to do this and I’m glad you did Andy, what a terrific tour you made.

• Like 4

Jack Sawyer

Nice sightseeing set !

cheers 😉

• Like 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

What a superb tour, Andy!! I also like your modest motor yacht at the pier 😀😀

• Like 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Gorgeous!!! I Miss Seeing Meig's Field in Sims.....and in Real Life.

• Like 3

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Together with your previous 2 postings on Chicago City(and the amazing detailled Sears Tower) a grand set of lifelike screenshots reflecting the fantastic made addon by Drzewiecki Dev(DD) as also they did on other worldwide cities sofar.

Edited by ikbenik
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 11:54 PM, Greggy_D said:

Is this stock Chicago or the DD product?

Hi GD, it's DD. I've got most of their stuff for most of the sims over the years and always been well pleased with it. Having a PC where I can use their stuff to the max now is a bonus.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:54 PM, John F said:

Wonderful, relaxing tour. Your sentiments strike a chord with me.

Cheers John. I really don't anticipate any further travel at all in real life, but this sim brings out my inner Pete Townshend (Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere I choose!)

On 1/22/2023 at 1:36 AM, Jack_Sawyer said:

I have these and have yet to do this and I’m glad you did Andy, what a terrific tour you made.

Thanks Jack, and it's well worth exploring there.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:46 AM, pmplayer said:

Nice sightseeing set !

Cheers PMP

On 1/22/2023 at 1:04 PM, bernd1151 said:

What a superb tour, Andy!! I also like your modest motor yacht at the pier 😀😀

Cheers Bernd. Actually, I was looking at that pier and those boats and thinking about our own little pier and harbour here in Torquay. Not a comparison I care to think much about!

22 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

Gorgeous!!! I Miss Seeing Meig's Field in Sims.....and in Real Life.

Thanks Phantom, because I don't go back as far as most folks here in sim terms, I don't feel particulalry sentimental about Meig's. I can imagine it must feel like a loss in RL though.

6 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Together with your previous 2 postings on Chicago City(and the amazing detailled Sears Tower) a grand set of lifelike screenshots reflecting the fantastic made addon by Drzewiecki Dev(DD) as also they did on other worldwide cities sofar.

Cheers Ikbenik. It all kicked off because I was trying out KORD with AIG on the new PC to see how it handled it. It handled it well and I just sort of got involved with Chicago for a bit. There's a huge amount of exploring to be done in MSFS, even in places you might feel familiar with, but folks like DD add a whole extra dimension on top, for sure

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.