Sign in to follow this  
Guest MauiHawk

On the subject of lights...

Guest MauiHawk

So I have long noticed the exterior lights on your plane don't quite show up where they should, but haven't asked nor seen any posts about it. The (very dim) landing lights when viewed from a ways away (tower) are particularily far off.... though as your plane approaches the tower the landing lights will gradually slide closer to the position they should be at. If I had to guess it seems that the landing lights are a round-world problem based on the fact that the distance they are skewed is relative to the distance from which you are viewing the aircraft. So, I sure I can probably start tweaking my aircraft.cfg file to fix the strobe light position for instance, but it looks like the landing light issue is code problem to me.I'm sure this has been discussed, though I don't see much about it via a quick search (found one about the strobe, nothing about the landing lights)... what is going on here? And is there a fix? Why haven't I seen this discussed more? Does not everyone share this problem?