Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

Anybody using Arian Design 737's?

Is anyone using any of the Arian Design V3 series 737's? If so how do you like them/it?Looks like its on the same route as the Level-D 767 interactive wise I guess.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>Is anyone using any of the Arian Design V3 series 737's? If>so how do you like them/it?>>Looks like its on the same route as the Level-D 767>interactive wise I guess.>i have no idea if they are on par with the LDS 767,i do not think they are,really,but i d

HelloI own the 737 BBJ by ariane and enjoy flying it, it has some features that the LDS or PMDG dont have.Support so far has been good.I also own the LDS 767 PMDG 737 and Wilco 737 so i can directly compare the products.I did a search here and read all the negative posts ( and noted the quite old dates on the postings)I made up my own mind,took a chance and am glad i did.I also dont expect this post to last very long here :-)

>Hello>I own the 737 BBJ by ariane and enjoy flying it, it has some>features that the LDS or PMDG dont have.>Support so far has been good.>I also own the LDS 767 PMDG 737 and Wilco 737 so i can>directly compare the products.>I did a search here and read all the negative posts ( and>noted the quite old dates on the postings)>I made up my own mind,took a chance and am glad i did.>I also dont expect this post to last very long here :-)Thanks for the reply. I was interested in the BBJ V3 cause I tend to like the 737 and 767. I have the Level D and its great. A little over my head from start but now its ok.Does the BBJ have a 2D panel or just VC.Im a little cautious about purchasing an addon the costs almost the same as a week in Bermuda

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

HelloThe BBJ is VC only but also has its own built in Active Camera/dynamic viewpoint like system which lets you jump to different panel views

Short and plain: After reading all the posts in the past couple of years about the company, I will just quote a guy from before: Wouldn't buy a single pixel from them.My 2 cents.

Maddog,Just sent you a pm.Dave

helloThen you just might be missing out You will never know unless you learn by your own experience rather than blindly following others :-)

Guest Toni Rauch

Surely wrong forum?Ariane 'products' are not FSX compatible so why try to push them here?Mods, please move this thread to where it truly belongs.......!!Toni.

HelloHow am i pushing anyones product.The original poster asked "Is anyone using any of the Arian Design V3 series 737's? If so how do you like them"Based on the fact that i own the product in question am i not allowed an opinion?If i like a product i will say so , i dont need your permission here.

Hi Maddog,I think an expression applies here....."Let's not let reality interfere with anyones' perception of the situation".On this topic freedom of speech only applies if your opinion doesn't conflict with others "rights" to slam a product.Dave

Mad dog-Are you flying the BBJ in FSX or FS9? I only ask since we're in the FSX forum and you've got my hopes up. I've been searching for info on the -900ER v3.5 since several online merchants are saying that it will fly in fsx.I've posted in Ariane's forum and will post a reply here once the issue is sorted out. One of the admins was very prompt in responding and is investigating with the devs.That said, in response to the o/p, I've owned the -300 for a long time and was very pleased with the purchase. Not part of their NG line, but a good rep of the old "steam powered" variant.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

First, the Ariane aircraft are FS2004 - not FSX.Second, their B737 is one of the best designs on the market. The graphics are top notch and the panels are great. Their textures are designed using a proprietary technique and look very nice.Third, there are several flies in the ointment. Their download mechanism and site design is one of the most confusing I've ever encountered. You really can't tell what you need to purchase - at least I can't and I've had their products for quite some time. This is especially true when they produce an update. Their prices are, in my opinion, too high. As someone here said, they charge for every livery - it is almost like you were buying a completely new aircraft every time you want a new texture set. The economics of the whole thing just don't compute.So, it is your decision. PMDG is a better alternative from both an economics and a technical point of view. The two designs don't really differ all that much so make your pocket book answer your question.fb

FYI, I received a response from the devs at Ariane. My initial question was regarding certain e-tailers selling the -900ER package with descriptions stating that it was

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."