Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

iFly 747

Hello again:Don't get mad at what is probably a silly question. You are sure that you are installing the correct version?Respectfully:RTH

Guest D17S

Seems I had the same problem. The airplane defaulted to engines running, but the glass was blank. Try resetting all electrical subsystems. Main busses, standby busses and battery. This darn thing is acting a bit too much like a real airplane. If we have this kind of weird problem in the RW, we just shut the whole airplane down and 'reboot.' That's how I approached this sim problem. Can't remember exactly what did it, but the instrument systems finally came up. Don't tell anyone, but this is not unusual even (especially!) in the RW. Deal with it as if you were in a real 744. Shut the thing down, completely. Totally dark. Then start bringing it back up. Battery, APU, buss tie, etc. If you don't know how to handle a real 744, this thing is gonna give you fits. This addon appears to be NoT-a-ToY . . but that appears to have been the author's intent. Congratulations. The default 744 appears to be (purposefully) much more novice-friendly.

Guest sunbear

I think so but I'm not 100 percent sure. I downloaded the version on the avsim forum entitled "Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft". Should I also be loading a gauge file or is this the complete version?Thanks for replying.jack

Guest sunbear

Thanks Sam, I'll give it a go. This should keep me occupied until the PMDG 744 comes on line..Regards,jack

Guest sunbear

>Seems I had the same problem. The airplane defaulted to>engines running, but the glass was blank. Try resetting all>electrical subsystems. Main busses, standby busses and>battery. >>This darn thing is acting a bit too much like a real airplane.>If we have this kind of weird problem in the RW, we just shut>the whole airplane down and 'reboot.' That's how I approached>this sim problem. Can't remember exactly what did it, but the>instrument systems finally came up. Don't tell anyone, but>this is not unusual even (especially!) in the RW. >>Deal with it as if you were in a real 744. Shut the thing>down, completely. Totally dark. Then start bringing it back>up. Battery, APU, buss tie, etc. If you don't know how to>handle a real 744, this thing is gonna give you fits. This>addon appears to be NoT-a-ToY . . but that appears to have>been the author's intent. Congratulations. >>The default 744 appears to be (purposefully) much more>novice-friendly.Sam,I did exactly like you said and shut everything down and restarted from scratch...batt, busses, etc. to no avail. With the engines started, I made sure that the engine gen's were on but no displays.Very strange indeed...Any other suggestions?Regards,jack

Sounds kosher to me Jack. I don't have a clue. Still sounds like something is not actuated electrically to me, but who knows. Maybe someone else will come up with the solution. You might read all 300 pages of the manual carefully, but I don't and doubt that it would give you the solution, but who knows?Good luck:RTH

>Ok guys here's my situation. I have removed ifly from the>control panel and downloaded the ifly for fsx once again to no>avail. I will tell you that the overhead gen's are 'ON' and>everything that is on the OH panel looks perfect. All engines>are running and all other panels including the throttle quad>with radios is running correctly.>>I'm not sure what needs to be done to get the PFD and ND to>light up.>>Any suggestions would be most welcomed at this point.>>jackI had/have the same issue. If you switch from the VC to the 2D Panel, the PFD and ND will be illuminated in the 2D Panel. Then switch back from the 2D Panel to the VC. The PFD and ND will now be illuminated in the VC.At least this is how I got them to come on for me.

Good point.I had forgotten that I reinstalled FSUIPC4 after installing the IFly 747-400.Unless I am mistaken, the installation program for the IFly bird installs an older version. Looked dated to me, in fact Pre-FSX dated. I installed a fresh copy of the latest FSUIPC4.xxx back into my modules folder. That is the only modification I made in the installation of the iFly bird that I remember.Just checked, and the newest version was posted on Peter's site yesterday, FSUIPC4 4.16. I will install it immediately after this reply.If anyone needs it, the site is:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlHappy flying:RTHEdit:Sorry Sam: I just realized I duplicated the link you just gave.

Guest sunbear

Many thanks to Sam and RTH for your help in solving my PFD & ND issues.I downloaded the latest FSUIPC and now have the PFD/ND in sight..Now I only have to purchase a decent Yoke and I'll be able to rock the wings on final :)Regards,jack

Where can I get images of the VC and aircraft model? there is nothing on the download page other than a single panel shot. Thanks

Guest bharper78

What is th correct file path for the navdata folder? I am running the ifly 747-400 on fsx with vista. The FMC will not regonize any of my inputs and does not seem to be connecting to the database. Every time I enter an airport identifier as my posiotion or into a route, I get an error that says "not found in data base". Any thoughts?

Guest wbardorf

>What is th correct file path for the navdata folder? I am>running the ifly 747-400 on fsx with vista. The FMC will not>regonize any of my inputs and does not seem to be connecting>to the database. Every time I enter an airport identifier as>my posiotion or into a route, I get an error that says "not>found in data base". Any thoughts? I am unable to use any VORs or NDBs as navigation fixes in the flight plan. RNAV navigation fixes work fine for me though. Has anyone encountered the same problem?Regards,Wolfgang

Guest bharper78

I just figured out my problem... All I had to do was go to Control Panel/User Accounts and turn off "User Account Control". The next time I loaded FSX, all the navdata was there. This fix should work for you if you are using Vista.

Guest omer

hellow i need helpive dowloaded they ifly 747 for fsx. adn iv read the manueal but i'm having problemsi cant manatain my altutude with they ap or any ap like the speed apacatualy i have to be allways on the jostik to mantain the same altutide or heading.If sme one can please help meTHANKS