Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

Non aviation horrible news

Hello everyone, I didn't know where to post this. It just came to my attention that Steve Irwin (The croc hunter) has been killed while filming an underwater segment today, by a stingray wound to the heart. I admired this man and his work very much. He will be sorely missed. I hope he is in a better place. He is survived by his wife and young son. I don't know how many simmers watched his work, but he was an individual that loved life, his work, and family to the fullest. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

I too would like to express my sympathies. I have 7 children and have been watching his shows for many years and believe we have lost a great promoter and educator of wildlife. Very sudden and shocking news indeed.Ian.

May god be with his family during this hard time. He also has a daughter (Bendi) that is 8 I believe. I heard he had taked her with him to film the doc. Not shure if he had though.I loved his shows. He was an individaul that loved life, family, and animals. He loved what he did and was so compationate towards any type of animal. He will always be remembered but never forgotten.

Just adding my voice - greatly passionate man who died doing what he loved. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends - strength to them till the memories are more fond than painful.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

The really terrible part was that his wife was out on safari and could not be notified before the press found out. The (censored) at (large American news organization, three letters long, use your imagination) were planning to fly a newscrew and a helicopter out to her location so they could be first to notify her and get her reaction on camera. Fortunately a group of ham radio operators were able to ruin their plans and contacted her first.He will be missed.

Guest Paul Heaney

Where do you get these "Facts" About the 3 letter news crew?

The rumor mill, of course. Someone observed them loading their helicopter and then unloading it when they learned she had already been notified. Said newscrew then complained about being scooped to the airport staff.

Guest Paul Heaney

exactly what I thought. No doubt BS information. News reporters or not, no one can be that cruel.

Take it from me when I had to notify US Navy families of deaths of their children, spouses, parents - the media can be that cruel.Though usually they want to be there and catch the reaction on camera - not actually deliver the news.

I would not be surprised if a newscrew were to do that..I am not a fan of news media people.

"No doubt" BS information? Why the certainty?That is very much in character for some news organizations...RhettAMD 3700+ powered by Gerbil wheel + gerbil, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 gigs Corsair TWINX, blah blah, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Paul Heaney

I Guess you guys are right, I'm just looking at it from a humain point of view, but it's clear that news media are definately not humain sometimes.

To tell the truth, I wish it were BS too. The problem is that unfounded rumors don't make it far, whereas I've heard this one from two or three different people. Too many people are repeating it for it to be entirely untrue.

Guest Paul Heaney

ugh, that makes me sick.