Sign in to follow this  
guibru

First preview video of Van’s RV-10 by SWS

After the success of the Kodiak 100 and its variants with wheels and amphibians, SimWorks Studios finished its Van’s RV-10. Then comes the PC-12, the Dash-7, and now the B-52. 

The release is planned in a few weeks for a small price of about $15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwb66OiakEo

• Like 3

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Looks like a great aircraft and a no brainer at that price.  

Decent cruise speed too.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Put a gtn 650 in there and they got a sale.

Why put an ancient gps into a brand new RV10?  The GNS from WT is a nice unit but give options especially for people in VR where manipulating the knobs is a major pita.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Put a gtn 650 in there and they got a sale

Maybe it will be an option? Would make more sense indeed. I'm personally put of by that G3X. So this will be on my list until WT do their magic with the G3X maybe one day.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

Maybe it will be an option? Would make more sense indeed. I'm personally put of by that G3X. So this will be on my list until WT do their magic with the G3X maybe one day.

WT has publicly stated they are not doing any work on the G3X - maybe this is subject to change?

As far as the gns430 goes - it appears to be the only option.

Hopefully they'll make an analog RV7 someday.  G3X is the worst avionics in MSFS.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

G3X is the worst avionics in MSFS.

And yet, if you combine it with a TDS GTNXi, and add my mods, it starts to work rather nicely, at least as a PFD that shows you the key flight data.

Just don't expect the G3X to do the navigation.. that is what the GTN is for.

WhDL8zR.jpg

• Like 1

Bert

I have that one.  It's okay.  I even made a tds mod for it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

14 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Put a gtn 650 in there and they got a sale.

Why put an ancient gps into a brand new RV10?  The GNS from WT is a nice unit but give options especially for people in VR where manipulating the knobs is a major pita.

In VR with the KnobFS device, it's magic. Now I like using the old GNS530 😉

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I will be buying. No need for a review. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I’m probably also a bit of a rarity being excited to see a GTN430 in there…my GTN430 hardware doesn’t get as much as as my 530 so I’m happy 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The official trailer for SimWorks Stuidos’ Van’s RV-10 to AviationLads. The Van’s RV-10 will release on Friday, February 3rd 2023. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmUKsbgbWFc

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

On 1/24/2023 at 8:53 PM, ryanbatc said:

WT has publicly stated they are not doing any work on the G3X - maybe this is subject to change?

As far as the gns430 goes - it appears to be the only option.

Hopefully they'll make an analog RV7 someday.  G3X is the worst avionics in MSFS.

What a nice surprise that would be if it did turn out one of the future AAU updates is a G3X overhaul - I know they have said no plans in the past but never say never I guess. If not - Maybe one day.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29