Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

The downside of living in Roswell...

Yesterday morning I had to call an ambulance to take Betty to the emergency room.  He stomach was full and she has a gastric-intestinal blockage.

They made her comfortable but they have airlift her to Las Cruces to a hospital that has a gastric-intestinal surgeon.

Unfortunately because of the weather they couldn't airlift her until about 20 minutes ago.  So she had to spend all day yesterday and last night in the emergency room until the weather cleared.

We have two first class hospitals in Roswell but no specialty surgeons in town.  Anything more than an appendectomy has to be done elsewhere.

It's the same hospital they airlifted me to for my gall bladder removal.  It's about an hour and a half helicopter flight.  They arranged a volunteer van to bring me back home after my surgery.  I'm sure they'll do the same for her.

Roswell is a great place to live but it does have this downside.

Noel
  • Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I am sorry to hear that. Praying for a swift recovery for her.

We lost one of out flight test birds in Roswell during Certification Testing. Very sad day. We lost 4 really good people that day. I always think of them when I think of Roswell.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I remember that.  About a dozen years ago.

On April 2, 2011, about 0934 mountain daylight time, an experimental Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation GVI (G650), N652GD, crashed during takeoff from runway 21 at Roswell International Air Center, Roswell, New Mexico. The two pilots and the two flight test engineers were fatally injured, and the airplane was substantially damaged by impact forces and a post crash fire. The airplane was registered to and operated by Gulfstream as part of its G650 flight test program. The flight was conducted under the provisions of 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed at the time of the accident. The accident occurred during a planned one-engine-inoperative (OEI) takeoff when a stall on the right outboard wing produced a rolling moment that the flight crew was not able to control, which led to the right wingtip contacting the runway and the airplane departing the runway from the right side. After departing the runway, the airplane impacted a concrete structure and an airport weather station, resulting in extensive structural damage and a post crash fire that completely consumed the fuselage and cabin interior.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Thanks guys.  She is going to a great hospital.  When I was there you ordered meals from a restaurant style menu to the kitchen.  In 30 minutes the meal was delivered to your room.  I think the dining hours for dinner was 4 to 7.

Noel

• Like 1

Praying for Noel's wife health and happiness. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

All the best to you and yours, Noel.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Noel, I'll keep both Betty and you in my daily prayers.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

George Burns and Gracie Allen TV show. Gracie is heading out the front door...

"I'm going to the hospital to visit Mrs. Blum from down the street". Yes, you know she sprained her ankle". 

George: "That's nice Gracie, why don't you take her flowers?"

Gracie: "Well, alright...."

Later in the show Gracie returns thru the front door carrying lots of bouquets.

"After she fell asleep I snatched all of these". 

George: "Gracie"!

Gracie: "Well, you told me to"!

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The 'take her flowers' routine was the Season 1 episode 2 of the tv show in 1950 (72+ years ago). I'm going by memory from watching a few months ago. Back then it was all live and no chance to correct the errors and no way to cut to commercials. So they packed the commercials into the middle of the show. Inside the Burns living room someone might ask for a cup of coffee and then suddenly everyone there started talking about Carnation Evaporated Milk. LOL. There was no other way to advertise things. 

https://www.amazon.com/Home-Wedding/dp/B07B87PHZS/