Sign in to follow this  
jeff974cd

Top tier new airports planned for S1 2023

Flytampa Montreal isn’t far off either.  

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Im pretty sure the latest version (maybe released a month ago) fixed that. 

Good to know.

Eric 

Perhaps developers are hanging on in anticipation of SU12 surprises.

16 hours ago, B777ER said:

FlyTampa needs to fix their current stuff like the ILS 26L approach at KLAS that if followed brings you into a building. 

Maybe they just need to hang a giant red and white checkerboard on the side of Caesar's  Palace 😎

• Like 2

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Flightbeam has been saying for awhile that they're going to do KMSP for MSFS. That's the one I'm looking forward to. Their P3d version was stellar.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, pmb said:

Another one should be Oslo-Gardermoen ENGM by Jo Erlend Sund/Aerosoft.

Kidn regards, Michael

Jo Erlend Sund is very very good developer, his EBBR is just great. 

• Like 1

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

5 hours ago, F737MAX said:

What causes your extreme disappointment with them?

Off the top of my head, the following are fantastic:

• Aerosoft EBBR
  • Pyreegue EGAA, EGPF, EGPH
  • Flightbeam LFBO, NZAA
  • Orbx ESSB
  • FlyTampa EKCH, LGKR, KBOS, KLAS, YSSY
  • Paulo Ricardo SBRJ
  • Cloudsurf Asia WSSS
  • WF Scenery Studio VHHH, ZBAA

If smaller airfields are your thing, NZA Simulations or Burning Blue Design appear to have a great selection.

I guess I should clarify that I’m not saying there aren’t many high quality airports, just not many that interest me/are in my area that I tend to fly. On that list, KLAS is the only one that interests me (I do have that one, a favorite airport to visit). It just feels like a ton of the most popular airports from P3D haven’t made their way over to MSFS yet. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Just wondering, is there any developer working on Frankfurt EDDF? 

• Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Hatch76 said:

It just feels like a ton of the most popular airports from P3D haven’t made their way over to MSFS yet. 

Any of the ones in the list below?

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

Just wondering, is there any developer working on Frankfurt EDDF?

None openly, AFAIK.

I see Gaya Sim has rammed their stake firmly into the ground.
Just the 7 airports listed on their 'coming soon' page…

Even though some of these are handcrafted default in the sim, there is an opening for developing quality payware versions of:
EDDF, LSGG, HECA, KATL, KDFW, KJFK, KMIA, KPHL, KSBS, HAAB, OMAA, OMDB(?), RCTP, RJTT, SAEZ, SBGR, VABB, VIDP, VTBS, YBCS

There is a dev looking at LFPG, though it is their first attempt at a large airport.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Wouldn't consider those to be “top tier.”

KMIA review / No reviews for LSGG, just some additional amusement

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 1/25/2023 at 1:33 PM, F737MAX said:

Wouldn't consider those to be “top tier.”

KMIA review / No reviews for LSGG, just some additional amusement

Yeah LFVR is ok, I do own all of the airports, the modelling is usually very good but the texturing is not the best. Here is the problem, I have talked to a number of the developers for US airports, generally when a larger group tackles an airport its not a very good financial decision to  make another version. So for a lot of the LFVR airports those are likely the only versions we will get. Vertical Sim mentioned this on discord recently with an airport he was going to make but another not so great developer was already working on it and would be first to release so he was considering dropping the project. 

I only buy US airports and the developers I tend to look out for are Fly Tampa, Drzwecki, Flight Beam, ORBX, INI Builds, Pac Sim, Northern Sky, Vertical Sim, Dominic Design Team, Aerosoft and FS Dream Team. However I will buy from LFVR if its an airport I want (or in the case of KMSY the defaults has a building on the taxiway to the new terminal), and BM World has some descent scenery (not really impressed with KDEN) but like the new Memphis (have yet to try KSEA). 

For US based airports I avoid Feel There, Tropical Sim, FSX Scenery, Real World Scenery and Tropical Sim. 

I am curious to see what IBLUEYonder does with KDAL (releasing soon and Texan Simulations does with KHOU.  

Some Airports I do know that are in development are:

KTPA from Vertical Sim (this one should be released very soon)

KSLC in development from Pac Sim (their KCLE was very good)

KPHX from Flight Beam or iBlueYonder, not exactly confirmed but they have been porting previous projects

KSFO from Flight Beam (similar to KPHX not confirmed)

KMSP from Flight beam (similar to KPHX not confirmed)

KIAH is  in development from FSDreamTeam and it should be coming soon (it was confirmed in March 2022)

KPHNL in development from FS Dream Team (not sure when but confirmed in July 2021)

KBNA has been mentioned to be Vertical Sims next project (only have seen this mentioned on forums)

KDAL from IBLUEYonder (apparently close to release)

KHOU from Texas Simulations

These are what I have so far. The top airports in terms of busiest in the US we are missing that have no development:

KPHL

KSMF

KPIT

KCVG

KCMH

KJAX

KONT

KCHS