Sign in to follow this  
EasternT3

A/C with custom failures

Hi All,

I'm getting a bit bored with A-B flying, and want to do some more intense hands on stuff, one thought is to play around with failures, apart from the PMDG birds and the Fenix A320, do any other higher quality aircraft have custom failures like these 2? They don't have to be tube liners either.

Thanks

Joe

Fenix has failures! Very comprehensive.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

PMDG is pretty well the good standard here.  The other one I've found in MSFS is the Milviz 310; highly recommended if you like complex GA.

Andrew Crowley

Thanks both, I guess I meant as well as PMDG and Fenix oppose to apart from, I have both and am playing to do extensive failures with both, just wanted to check if I've missed any other planes

On the most basic level, you can go GA in the 152 or 172 (or JustFlights PA28) and just cut the engine and glide the approach and landing like you’d learn in the PPL syllabus. 

41 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Thanks both, I guess I meant as well as PMDG and Fenix oppose to apart from, I have both and am playing to do extensive failures with both, just wanted to check if I've missed any other planes

If you're talking small aircraft, FSReborn has a Sting S4 that has failures.  And you can even speed up the rate of failures (i.e. prematurely age the components, so you don't have to fly 500 hours for something to fail) -- although I've never tried doing that.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Look at FSIPanel's Advanced edition. I believe you can set failures on a variety of aircraft. Plus, either standard or advanced versions allow you to set the planes up for various approaches.

1 hour ago, EasternT3 said:

For airliners FlytheMaddog MD-82 on simmarket, its more expensive than either PMDG or Fenix but just as complex and much older and hands on flying. Most complaints are texturing, sounds and yeah the price.

G.A. Milviz/Blackbird C310.

Vintage Wing42 B247 radial engines that love to catch fire.

Edited by jbdbow1970
spelling
  • Like 1

Oh .. and the Ant's Tiger Moth has some failures modelled as well.  It can definitely run out of oil and seize as i discovered on a few occasions when Neofly emptied my oil tanks.

On one of the first flights in the Blacksquare King Air, I heard a small rattle I could't explain. Sometime during cruise a warning went of that appeared to do with pressurisation. I could not find the cause of this until I remembered the rattle. It appeared the right storm window had sprung open and off course that meant the cabin wouldn't pressurise. After closing that window the cabin would pressurise and the alarm stopped.

I haven't been able to reproduce the fault since because if I take off with the window deliberatelty open the MSFS will crash the aircraft.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5