Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Wristwatch always fail...

My watch charges by light and self updates date and time every morning at 3am by contacting Rugby MSF.

1 hour ago, GHD said:

My watch charges by light and self updates date and time every morning at 3am by contacting Rugby MSF.

But can you access pretty girls on the internet? 

7 minutes ago, martin-w said:

But can you access pretty girls on the internet? 

Smart watch! :blink:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

The reason to wear a wrist watch these days is to show off because you have loads of dosh and wear a Rolex. 

I had a street vendor try to sell me a "Rolex" watch for a ridiculous (read: suspiciously low) price. On really close examination of the watch's face though, it actually had "Reflex" on the face! The horizontal - of the letter "e" was very faint, like someone had tried to rub it out.

Caveat Emptor!

When I was a lad of twelve, my mom and dad decided to buy me my first wristwatch for my birthday. They picked out a lovely (albeit heavy) Bulova that claimed be "Self-winding." When we discovered that it did not actually wind itself, my parents and I went to the store where they had purchased it. The salesclerk replied that it was indeed self-winding. "You have to wind it yourself," he stated... 

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 1/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, Fielder said:

Date digits window always too small

The Rolex GMT Master (similar to the photo) has a date window that size, but has a magnifier above the window so you can read it.  See, THIS is the reason to buy a Rolex! 😄 

It cost me $200 in 1972 and when properly tuned it kept time to within 15 seconds per month.  Guaranteed to keep within one minute per month.  It was indeed self winding and I never took it off, even to shower or sleep.

They were often seen on Viet Nam veterans.  Magnum PI wore one, for example, many others.  I saw a pic of one on the outside of a space suit doing a space walk.

It finally quit for the last time and I don't feel like paying a few hundred or thousand dollars to get it fixed.  I don't need a watch these days anyway, even without a smart phone.  I do, however, have a DayClock  on my wall that has a single hand that makes a complete circuit once a week and points to the day. 😄  I had a doctor ask me what day it was, and I had no idea whatsoever. When you're retired, every day might as well be Saturday.  Hence the need for the DayClock.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Interesting I learned that Magunum wore a GMT master.

I looked it up on google for a picture.

Magnum-P.I.-Pepsi-GMT-Master-Ferarri.jpg

--

Captain Williard in Apocalypse Now wore a Seiko 6105. 

seiko_6105_8.jpeg

--

I wear a Seiko SKS 009. Robert Redford: All Is Lost. 

2628896-1189135.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

My watch was so big, I had to stop wearing it, I got sick and tired of having to trim the aircraft every time I went flying ! 😏

• Like 3

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,