Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Eating chicken without killing chicken

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

I also like SPAM.

After the U.S., the world’s largest consumer of Spam is South Korea and is a popular ingredient in several dishes, including kimchi fried rice, budae jjigae and kimbap.

Dugald Walker

17 hours ago, birdguy said:

Isn't there an old movie about this called Soylent Green?

• Like 1

I think it was the explorer Percy Fawcett (1867 - 1925?) who lived for a while with a cannibalistic tribe in the Mato Grosso and described human flesh as tasting like pork.

Dugald Walker

13 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

and described human flesh as tasting like pork.

That's funny.  Usually they tell you strange meat always tastes like chicken.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

11 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Usually they tell you strange meat always tastes like chicken.

Perhaps we have more in common with pigs than we realise. That's why so much research is being done these days to use pigs' organs for human transplants.

• Like 1

Dugald Walker

Nice to see a few other people remember the movie "Soylent Green".  I make references to that movie to a great number of people and they just stare at me like I have two heads... and I don't, I'm not Zaphod.

• Like 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

34 minutes ago, stans said:

Nice to see a few other people remember the movie "Soylent Green".  I make references to that movie to a great number of people and they just stare at me like I have two heads... and I don't, I'm not Zaphod.

Old people, let's face it 😄

About references, I always have to think of this image:

spacer.png

😄

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

22 hours ago, rka said:

Old people, let's face it 😄

About references, I always have to think of this image:

spacer.png

😄

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:00 PM, dmwalker said:

After the U.S., the world’s largest consumer of Spam is South Korea and is a popular ingredient in several dishes, including kimchi fried rice, budae jjigae and kimbap.

Edited by martin-w

After I introduced the kids to Monty Python, it became a family tradition to always have one can of Spam in the cupboard. Pretty much nobody ate it, but the practice was firmly enshrined as an inside family joke.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I've been poaching salmon in the dishwasher for years.  Nothing new for us oldtimers.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, birdguy said:

I've been poaching salmon in the dishwasher for years.

Uh-oh, Noel, they may be coming for your dishwasher

24079892_1.jpg?v=8D33297906C2970

Edited by Mike A

I knew the word poaching would be taken that way by someone.

Noel

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

After I introduced the kids to Monty Python, it became a family tradition to always have one can of Spam in the cupboard. Pretty much nobody ate it, but the practice was firmly enshrined as an inside family joke.

Are you serious? Nobody made a spam sandwich with brown sauce? 😲