Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

big server crash Microsoft

there we go, no online my sim hangs at checking for updates....

Azure status

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I’m in (on Asia server).

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yep it took me 5 restarts of PC to get MSFS past the checking for updates

Jason Richards

Hi, a question, but how do you notice that it doesn't load the real weather? Yesterday I was flying from Bucharest to Istanbul and for Bucharest airport I didn't have the metar available, is it the one in symptom that there is no real weather coverage? Thank you

I suspect this has been going on for the last 3 days. I have been having random disconnects from the server forcing me into offline mode but every check on my internet is absolutely fine and everything else working perfectly. Just Microsoft connections seem to be having issues.

And literally as I type that it was mentioned on the news on the radio that Microsoft are investigating issues that are causing widespread connectivity issues for users of their products.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

No issues here in the UK. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

5 hours ago, Stefano88 said:

Hi, a question, but how do you notice that it doesn't load the real weather? Yesterday I was flying from Bucharest to Istanbul and for Bucharest airport I didn't have the metar available, is it the one in symptom that there is no real weather coverage? Thank you

Use the dropdown toolbar to see if Live Weather is turned on for starters.  Also, frequently a tipoff is your barometric pressure will be 29.92/1013

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Stefano88 said:

The only real way to tell if you're getting real weather is to check the realworld weather data somehow. If you can't find the metar, just look at a local non-aviation weather report. If the report says there's a storm, but you're flying in CAVU, then you know you aren't getting live weather (or at least, not accurate live weather 😉 )

• Upvote 1

Another good reason for not being dependent on their servers unless there is something related to updates, patches, etc.
There is no need for them to have stored on their server our settings and when @#$t hits the fan you can't use it. With previous versions, P3D, XP, or DCS there were no issues.
Thank you for such an outstanding experience. It gets to the point where you wonder if is worth it. 

• Like 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, LRBS said:
Another good reason for not being dependent on their servers unless there is something related to updates, patches, etc.
There is no need for them to have stored on their server our settings and when @#$t hits the fan you can't use it. With previous versions, P3D, XP, or DCS there were no issues.
Thank you for such an outstanding experience. It gets to the point where you wonder if is worth it. 

I sure do wish I could afford to download and store over a petabyte of data so that I am not dependent on a connection to MS's servers...

...jim

• Like 6

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

I sure do wish I could afford to download and store over a petabyte of data so that I am not dependent on a connection to MS's servers...

...jim

I agree, according to MSFS, they claim that it takes between 127 to 150 GB to have it installed, and includes the entire globe with Bing map data.

The over 2 petabytes you are mentioning are to be accessed from the cloud on demand and that's the issue for sure.

Wouldn't be nice at start-up to check the traffic load and connect you accordingly versus of not being able to start? 

Wouldn't be nice at start-up if there is an update to choose when or to postpone the update at a later time?

Anyhow, I find this platform very "fragile" and when I start it I'm wondering what might happen compared to the previous versions or others.
Not a good situation since day one AUGUST 2020.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

No i

3 hours ago, LRBS said:

I love the fact that settings are (mostly) stored in the cloud. Reinstall the sim, and it's all there.

I have no desire to go back to the days where you need to slap 34 cds into a drive or "make a local backup of your settings".

MSFS in the cloud works and works well. And, on the rare occasions that it doesn't? Well, it's not like the light went out in the middle of a brain surgery. 😁

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Cloudy MFS is great for me both in terms of weather depiction and storing my settings / profiles. It's just great, as Ricardo41 mentioned, to be able to make a fresh install and fully recover from the last valid set of profiles without any fuss.

OFC the case is different when the servers fail and I can't get RW weather, but it's liveable , and hasn't happened that many times...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...