Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

KDFW to KHOU, E170 : Part 1 - departure

KDFW is a little gem in MSFS. I'm guessing it may only be in the premium edition, but it's pretty impressive. I picked it at random for a flight and found myself thinking "I don't remember buying this airport" - I seem to remember having it in P3D, but when I checked this is an Asobo airport, and it's about 1.5 Gb in the official folder, so obviously a lot of work has gone into it. I shall go back and explore more later. Saw the Aerosoft E170 on SimMarket and remembered I have one of those (the VirtualCol version) and thought I'd dig that out and use it. Not terribly wonderful, but it'll probably do for me.

Houston seemed reasonably close by, so I thought I'd head there, have a Texas sort of day.

First though, load up AIG and have a look round at KDFW. Been there a couple of times in real life but don't actually remember much about the place. Both times were just airport-hire car-hotel-office-airport sort of trips. Like I say, a really nicely done airport in MSFS though, and of course, AIG brings it to life
wN0xiv9.jpg

Lots going on, plenty of movement. Sort of place I like to just hover in that Volocopter thingy and just watch planes come and go
amG0MpE.jpg

SGV7YQU.jpg

hW2InPp.jpg

Busy in the car park, too
0D1o4cc.jpg

And those trains seem to be running all the time
O9rm6DW.jpg

OK, so now we'll head off. Realised I picked the wrong livery once I'd had a look round the airport but I didn't want to go back and change it at this point.
vtYmzFA.jpg

7ajvhFp.jpg

Jbo8xxP.jpg

TaEJqPP.jpg

4ZBuCwn.jpg

Took off northwards, turned round and heading south down to Houston
DuccvOR.jpg

And away we go
QfEPBL5.jpg

(arrival is in part 2)

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I like the low viewing angle you chose in that first shot for your airport overview. Didn't you do something similar with Miami, or perhaps that was someone else.

• Like 1

The aircraft is actually the E175. FSS's e-Jets released it before the E170 as an Early Access product, but it's very good and flyable. They'll add the E190/E195 as a separate product in the future.

As for KDFW, very nice shots!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Nice pics! It's amazing the detail in this sim!

Great shots Andy.  I'm gonna have to check this out myself later, and the "wrong" livery?  In a desktop simulator?  Does it really matter?  Just my pet peeve, sorry.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

17 hours ago, John F said:

I like the low viewing angle you chose in that first shot for your airport overview. Didn't you do something similar with Miami, or perhaps that was someone else.

Thanks John. Don't remember doing Miami, but I've been taking lots of similar shots in places like EGLL, KMEM etc recently as I've been testing out AIG with my new(ish) PC

15 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Very nice set of shots! 😉 

Cheers!

6 hours ago, edpatino said:

The aircraft is actually the E175. FSS's e-Jets released it before the E170 as an Early Access product, but it's very good and flyable. They'll add the E190/E195 as a separate product in the future.

As for KDFW, very nice shots!

Cheers Ed. KDFW is very impressive. The jet is not the FSS one, but the older and slightly poorer VirtualCol one so is the 170. I'm waiting to see some shots of the new one to see if I want to get it.

5 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Nice pics! It's amazing the detail in this sim!

Thanks Todd. And it sure is!

2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Great shots Andy.  I'm gonna have to check this out myself later, and the "wrong" livery?  In a desktop simulator?  Does it really matter?  Just my pet peeve, sorry.

Cheers Jack, and you don't really think I'm serious about that, do you? Remember you're dealing with a guy who thinks SID is the name of a dead punk and STARS are what you see in the sky. The same guy whose only ever attempt at a repaint was a coral/pink SU-27.

• Like 3

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Just now, andy1252 said:

Cheers Jack, and you don't really think I'm serious about that, do you? Remember you're dealing with a guy who thinks SID is the name of a dead punk and STARS are what you see in the sky. The same guy whose only ever attempt at a repaint was a coral/pink SU-27.

😂

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Cheers Ed. KDFW is very impressive. The jet is not the FSS one, but the older and slightly poorer VirtualCol one so is the 170. I'm waiting to see some shots of the new one to see if I want to get it.

I should have asked before posting, but if you really like the eJets, consider trying the FSS's line!.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers