Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

46 minutes ago, Silicus said:

I looked at a stream (twotonemurphy), I must say the models look very good and have convincing animation, lights and sounds!

But the package suffers from the same shortcomings that others AI packages do.

AI flies from A to B in a straight line, no SIDs and STARs. Runway selection does not go by real world OPs. So you can be landing somewhere and arriving traffic (AI) comes from the opposite side. So ground behavior great, air behavior meehhh.

For myself I stick with PSXT/RealTraffic and the FSTL models. It is as real as it gets. But that's just me.

Yep, exactly my thoughts.

Add to that aircraft parking. My hometown is Perth and to have Virgin Australia parking where Qantas should be and vice versa, International Aircraft parking at the Domestic Terminal, nope, just kills it.

Good grief! A runaway topic in regard to posts and pages!  Question. Is this traffic exclusinve to only commercial airliners?  Please quote me on responses so I get notification.  Too many pages.  Certainly a tool with a great deal of appeal!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm a GA guy but I do like seeing contrails and jets if I fly into larger airports.

I'm currently using FSLTL - what are the benefits of this software over FSLTL?  40 USD is an okay price but fairly on the high end for msfs addons.  It would have to be quite a difference for me to consider it.

Unlike you Ryan, I'm a tube guy rather than GA , but I agree with you wholeheartedly. I suppose any significant difference would be FSLTL simulates live traffic and does that pretty well whereas FS Traffic is based on historic flight plans. If all you want is some contrails, the  historic flight plans will give you that but why would you bother paying anything for that let alone the fairly steep price JF are charging. Whereas for me I like to fly in live weather with live traffic and FSLTL does live traffic quite well. FPS is not of much concern on your rig nor is it on mine so again FS Traffic is not necessarily a bonus. The improved 4K models will be nice for spotting (something I do when not in the mood to setup for a flight) but I'm don't think I'm going to pay for the extra fidelity when FSLTL provides the same service....live. The only feature that really stands out in FS Traffic is the ability to add custom flight plans and models. This means you can create AI flight plans for GA, military, cargo, SAR helicopter etc and even setup user created personal airlines with your own models, personal liveries (if you can get someone to paint them), and your own route destinations. 

Everyone has a different reason for AI but unless the custom flight plan and model capability is what you need then I think the freeware offerings we currently have are hard to beat!! 

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

26 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Is this traffic exclusinve to only commercial airliners? 

Accurate flight plans in your simulator:

FS traffic adds tens of thousands of real-life commercial flight plans from different time periods, giving full worldwide coverage of commercial airline traffic sourced from the same suppliers that power a number of popular flight tracking websites and apps. Flight plan data covers the summer 2022 schedules and the 2021 and 2019 summer schedules will be made available as free updates after release.

A complete list of aircraft models included in FS Traffic:
• 737-700 (blended winglets)
• 737-800 (blended winglets)
• 737-900 (blended winglets)
• 747-400 (GE)
• 747-400 (PW)
• 747-400 (RR)
• 747-8i
• 777-300ER
• 787-8 (GE)
• 787-8 (RR)
• 787-9 (GE)
• 787-9 (RR)
• A220-100
• A220-300
• A319 (CFM)
• A319 (CFM sharklets)
• A319 (IAE)
• A319 (IAE sharklets) • A319 (NEO)
• A320 (CFM)
• A320 (CFM sharklets) • A320 (IAE)
• A320 (IAE sharklets) • A320 (NEO)
• A321 (CFM)
• A321 (CFM sharklets) • A321 (IAE)
• A321 (IAE sharklets) • A321 (NEO)
• A330-200 (GE)
• A330-200 (PW)
• A330-200 (RR)
• A330-300 (GE) • A330-300 (PW) • A330-300 (RR) • A350-900
• A380-800 (EA) • A380-800 (RR) • ATR-42
• ATR-72
• CRJ-700
• CRJ-900
• CRJ-1000 • Dash 8-400 • ERJ-145
• E170 • E190 • E195

• Like 2

Does it work with the freeware add-ons AI Flow and AI Ground? 

34 minutes ago, polosim said:

Here is where you misleading people, intentional or not.

With flight plan you mean the scheduled Dep and Arr time of last year, not the actual flight plan, like:

CYVR/08R VIDRI Q949 ELLKS ELLKS3 CYEG/30, correct or am I missing something?

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

3 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

ATC reads callsigns out phonetically. So instead of saying SPEEDBIRD or UNITED it says S.P.E.E.D.B.I.R.D and U.N.I.T.E.D (every letter!). This needs to be fixed ASAP! With FSLTL it was fine.

Is anyone else experiencing ATC now reading out each letter of the call sign?!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

3 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Is anyone else experiencing ATC now reading out each letter of the call sign?!

User Manual Limitations Section:

Other limitations
• •

AI labels cannot be applied to AI created using SimConnect.
Callsign pronunciation varies between ATC and aircraft. The pilot may pronounce a callsign correctly, yet ATC may pronounce a callsign phonetically.
Changing the time, date or weather during a flight temporarily removes all airborne traffic. MSFS Live Traffic and Multiplayer model matching may be inaccurate.
Multiplayer aircraft may spawn at the same gate as an FS Traffic aircraft.
When exiting a flight, AI aircraft models will sometimes appear inside the globe.

51 minutes ago, polosim said:

FS traffic adds tens of thousands of real-life commercial flight plans from different time periods, giving full worldwide coverage of commercial airline traffic sourced from the same suppliers that power a number of popular flight tracking websites and apps. Flight plan data covers the summer 2022 schedules and the 2021 and 2019 summer schedules will be made available as free updates after release.

A complete list of aircraft models included in FS Traffic:
• 737-700 (blended winglets)
• 737-800 (blended winglets)
• 737-900 (blended winglets)
• 747-400 (GE)
• 747-400 (PW)
• 747-400 (RR)
• 747-8i
• 777-300ER
• 787-8 (GE)
• 787-8 (RR)
• 787-9 (GE)
• 787-9 (RR)
• A220-100
• A220-300
• A319 (CFM)
• A319 (CFM sharklets)
• A319 (IAE)
• A319 (IAE sharklets) • A319 (NEO)
• A320 (CFM)
• A320 (CFM sharklets) • A320 (IAE)
• A320 (IAE sharklets) • A320 (NEO)
• A321 (CFM)
• A321 (CFM sharklets) • A321 (IAE)
• A321 (IAE sharklets) • A321 (NEO)
• A330-200 (GE)
• A330-200 (PW)
• A330-200 (RR)
• A330-300 (GE) • A330-300 (PW) • A330-300 (RR) • A350-900
• A380-800 (EA) • A380-800 (RR) • ATR-42
• ATR-72
• CRJ-700
• CRJ-900
• CRJ-1000 • Dash 8-400 • ERJ-145
• E170 • E190 • E195

Honestly! What the heck! Overall instead of all of that you could have just said "yes"!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Surely people seeing jetways move to invisible aircracft is the SimObject issue a lot of people have been having problems with?

Yes!!

So it seems like you have to disable GSX in order for this to work? Hmmmm.....

Edited by iFlySimX

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

I hope it will improve over time. Here are my personal Pro and Cons

Pros

- High quality models
- More traffic activity
- Easy setup
- No external app to run
- Ability to add custom flight plans
- Ability to add liveries
- More traffic when flying odd hours in any part of the world where it's 3am and there are no live flights
- Better visual effects

Cons

- Included flight plans are from A to B with no SID STAR.
- When FS Traffic Manager crashes you need to restart the sim to get AI traffic back this is my biggest issue. Perhaps a sim limitation I don't know.
- Price is ok though is on the expensive side with what's being offered.
- A lot of white liveries/generic models even for mainstream airlines like LATAM Cargo, AAL B738MAX, B76X etc.
- Sim becomes unresponsive when trying to get back to menu (Fresh install like 2 days ago)
- CTD's experienced couple times makes me question stability
- Potential conflicts with other 3rd party causing crashes that I never experienced with FSLTL
- Slightly longer load times compared to FSLTL
- Need to wait longer for traffic injection

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Why exactly would I buy something that I can have for free in two variants (AIG or FSLTL)? I don't see the point.

suppose its like  getting   the  fenix  where  you  could  just  get a free  version of  the  320  🙂

• Like 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Loading back to main menu is a huge issue for me. If I remove the traffic and re-inject traffic I see the gates moving but no aircraft is visible(MS/Asobo KMIA) when I try to go back to main menu sim becomes unresponsive and I had to force close and restart. This is a big no no for me and never had to deal with this when using FSLTL. Disabled FS Traffic for now until it's fixed back to FSLTL. I don't want to spend hours trying to get AI traffic instead of flying

Edited by the_simpilot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LarsA said:

Does it work with the freeware add-ons AI Flow and AI Ground? 

Yes it does and planes are using realistic speed in cruise. I used both on one flight so I 

can‘t say if everything works as expected.

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG 43" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Insider Build