Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

PMDG Update

13 hours ago, miguel370 said:

i dont think they are focusing on the DC6. it has been a long time since they have paid the slightest attention. and it is a pity because as a customer who paid my 60 euros I can not enjoy it. 

RSR has said that an update to the DC-6 is ready, and just awaiting the imminent release of AAU 1. That info is on the PMDG forum, not here.

• Like 4

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

45 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

Adjusting the the flight deck lights is tough to fine tune. Also,  even with failures off, a rough landing can still blow out the tires.

What are you having trouble with?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 minute ago, Jazz said:

What are you having trouble with?

When I adjust the lights, if I hold down the mouse button, it moves a few degrees in the direction I want, and then jumps to  either full on or full off. If I want to get it in the middle, it's "click click click". That said, I saw British AV geek mention on a video how he has the cabin lights on some sort of automation depending on phase, and I am not sure how to do it.

The landing was user error. I came in overspeed, had a binding issue with my throttle and the reversers, and then hit the brakes.I did not know the aircraft will still model an overheated brake and then blow out the tires.

3 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

When I adjust the lights, if I hold down the mouse button, it moves a few degrees in the direction I want, and then jumps to  either full on or full off. If I want to get it in the middle, it's "click click click". That said, I saw British AV geek mention on a video how he has the cabin lights on some sort of automation depending on phase, and I am not sure how to do it.

The landing was user error. I came in overspeed, had a binding issue with my throttle and the reversers, and then hit the brakes.I did not know the aircraft will still model an overheated brake and then blow out the tires.

With time and experience, you'll get better at landing it. 

In terms of the lighting, that's user error, you're accidentally triggering a shortcut. Several rapid clicks will automatically turn it to full-bright. It's designed to make it easier and less tedious to move the knobs, just like how the autopilot has the same logic built into it. If you use the mouse wheel, no issue.

2 minutes ago, mspencer said:

In terms of the lighting, that's user error, you're accidentally triggering a shortcut. Several rapid clicks will automatically turn it to full-bright. It's designed to make it easier and less tedious to move the knobs, just like how the autopilot has the same logic built into it. If you use the mouse wheel, no issue.

Son of a ....

I didn't even THINK of using the mousewheel. Thanks

And yeah, now I know how to land a little better.

12 minutes ago, mspencer said:

^This^

Use the mouse wheel @BrammyH It's what I do.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

13 hours ago, Flightsky said:

I had originally thought the EFB would be completed in 2022, and that PMDG would be mostly done with the 737 by the end of 2022, so that PMDG would have no problems releasing the 777 in 2023.  I had even thought the 900 was supposed to be released within 2 to 3 months of the 800's release but that never happened.  I wonder whether some of the developers working on the EFB and still working on the 737, are slowing down the progress of the 777 because they are not working on the 777.

Now I am not so certain the 777 will be released in 2023, seeing how things have taken so long for the 737 in 2022. 

I still think the initial PMDG 777 release is quite possible for 2023 (maybe not all the variants). A lot of the work they're doing with the EFB and some other stuff is not just for the 737 but also applicable to the 777 and the rest of their future fleet updates (especially the EFB). Also they've been more than clear that development continues for the 777 by a separate set of personnel so in that sense it's not being "held up" by any 737 related delays.. yes once they've finished the 737 updates and fleet then they can throw more people on 777 development, but that doesn't mean 777 development is currently stalled/slowed-down.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

^This^

Use the mouse wheel @BrammyH It's what I do.

2 hours ago, mspencer said:

Thank you again, both of you. Much easier adjusting settings now.

I did manage to get the -800 on the ground safely, at a good speed, and almost on the centerline today.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

Stumbling for PMDG sure, then again you don’t have to use the primitive options between JS and WASM, you’re free to use lvars which support a much more expansive form of data transfer.

Lvars are what Rob said they were using as a communication interface between the two. He said lvars could only hold ints though?

If that’s the case, (as a thought exercise as I’m interested 🙂 ) what algorithms/formats could you use to encode some data to an integer (not sure how many they can store)?

4 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Lvars are what Rob said they were using as a communication interface between the two. He said lvars could only hold ints though?

it holds up to Longs iirc which can hold 64 bits.

4 hours ago, NZ255 said:

If that’s the case, (as a thought exercise as I’m interested 🙂 ) what algorithms/formats could you use to encode some data to an integer (not sure how many they can store)?

The format is a byte stream, it’s the common format used by serialisers. Algorithm is a little harder to dive into because you can develop a simple purpose built algo or a more general one to convert objects to the byte arrays. Boost has inbuilt serialisers.

Now I’m not saying implementing a custom serialiser is easy, I’m just more annoyed at Rob stressing how it’s a unique issue to them and that they’re first to be doing so with a WASM aircraft.

I also don’t know the kind of abstraction that PMDG’s have in their aircraft and if they need to break encapsulation to serialise their objects. I don’t know, especially if you’re not using existing methods available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The average gamer doesn't care about whether something is programmed in Javascript, Wasm, or whatever, or whether this doodad can communicate with this knick knack. 

What he/she cares about is whether or not a company delivers in a timely manner on the promises made upon release of said product. 

At any rate, there is no need to deal with this aggravation and nonsense. 

While (some) developers are "waiting for Asobo to fix", I'm thoroughly enjoying the many "study-level" alternatives available out there: Cirrus Vision Jet, the Honda Jet, the Longitude, the CJ4, the FBW A321, etc. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

Now I’m not saying implementing a custom serialiser is easy, I’m just more annoyed at Rob stressing how it’s a unique issue to them and that they’re first to be doing so with a WASM aircraft.

I've done this several times recently at work. Granted, I didn't write one from scratch, I derived an existing one and created a custom formatter to process the stream as it passed through. Took me a couple of days, but since my job isn't being a developer, I didn't think I did too bad creating a custom tool to help me do my actual job. Then, another team spotted it an asked me to do something similar for them.  

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

22 hours ago, Paul K said:

RSR has said that an update to the DC-6 is ready, and just awaiting the imminent release of AAU 1. That info is on the PMDG forum, not here.

What is AAU1?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

37 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is AAU1?

Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 (Basically the CJ4/Longitude and G3000 overhaul) that is currently in public beta and expected to be released to public soon.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

On 1/27/2023 at 8:26 AM, JRBarrett said:

The entire FBW airplane is written in JavaScript, as is their tablet. That is easy to do. Randazzo explains that in detail in his recent post. If the PMDG airplanes were also JavaScript-based they could have developed a working tablet (with Simbrief and Navigraph) months ago.

Just curious - what about the tablet in the PMDG DC6? That's been there since the beginning, and it's great - super functional with some features that I haven't seen before - like the flight engineer. Why not just use whatever framework that EFB was built on?

I bought the 737 with no expectation of a tablet and consider anything they release at any time to be pure icing on the cake - just thought it was odd that their first MSFS product had it, and everything since doesn't.