Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

FSX Yellow Progressive Taxi Arrows dissapearing ?

I'll be!?

Upon changing my default flight to starting at a gate in my default airport which is an addon to FSX my Taxi Arrows dissapear after a while in the same spot in the taxi way on the way to the active. I've tried suggestions I've found in the net, switching off DX10, which never gave me any problems. ut because of this I decided to give it a go,Mmmm, No go so I ticked it back again, the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Berlopez

On 1/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, Berlopez said:

Any suggestions?

Berlopez

Have you tried an different version of the same airport to see if it occurs with that one also?  If it doesn't then it's likely an issue with your the software and you may have to accept it.

Ernest Pergrem

Airerniee, thanks for your reply and suggestion. Copenhagen Kastrup airport is one of the very detailed airport in FSX ( See FSX Read-Me). Having mentioned that, I think I'm stuck with the problem. The developers of Denmark scenery 1.4,which is the one I'm using and the developers of the irport scenery (SCANSIM) Closed theire sites, they don't even reply to their personal e-mail they come back as 404's

And a discovery I think I made is the more number of addons ( Planes) One has the crazier Progressive Taxi gets. a simple turn becomes a long stretched turn; Is my experience.

I am onwindows 10 pro.

Processor    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz   2.10 GHz
Installeret RAM    8,00 GB

Berlopez

Berlopez

Ernest: This Kastrup scenery is payware by scansim, a Danish software company for FS, I have known them for sometime, but i think they might have closed down as all my requests for advice come back 404. Also the FSonline.dk which was the main Danish FS site is closed and here they really did a good ob of danish scenery with theire package Danish Scenery 1.4 available here on the site.

Here is the file if interested: https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=denmark+scenery&CatID=root&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=2

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Here's a FSX version of Kastrup done by Ray Smith.  You might be able to remove the Kastrup bgl file from the Danish scenery and substitute Ray's.

Ray does good work, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ernest:

First thanks for your suggestion of ray Smith's scenery. I had had a looked at it but after my payware Kastrup scenery by Scansim it doesn't live up to the realism Scansims' has. If I uninstall Scansims' and regret it I might not be able to reinstall because it needs activation via e-mail. If the site is down, eventualy shut down. I might not be able to activate,therefore I'll live with it and choose other departure runways. Todaay I did just that and it gave me rwy 10 and taxi arrows behaved all the way, meaning to me that Scansim's has an error when taxiing to rwy4L and just before the highway tunnel the arrrows dissapear, because of an elevation issue I have no idea how to resolve. The arrows do show from Tower view aand plane view. Sometime they also show using the Hat switch, when in outside 3D view.

Thanks.

Berlopez