Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

C152 improvement mod V2 - Wow!...

Amazing little plane. I am using this with the TDS GTN on my iPad and everything works really well. Payware level stuff for free...

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

What would PC gaming be without these modder heroes who give their time for the rest of us to enjoy.

This looks fantastic and has rekindled my interest in the C152. I got my PPL in a Katana but did also go up in a faithful old C152 so I have real world memories of that noisy old thing!

Thanks for sharing that link!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm actually really enjoying this plane... the flight model seems excellent... I can actually perform a crosswind landing... some models can't do it very well.  I've got my mod semi working for the TDS ...rnav approaches to lpv mins with working AP on APR mode lol!

Is it possible to get that TDS mod shared? thanks!

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

The Heavy Division B787 can prevent this mod from working properly. The tablet is unresponsive.🫤

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I first tried the tail dragger, and with a 12 knots ground wind I was absolutely unable to taxi her using full rudder and differential braking. Anyone?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Just now, roland_lfor said:

I first tried the tail dragger, and with a 12 knots ground wind I was absolutely unable to taxi her using full rudder and differential braking. Anyone?

Same on the flairing model, had to apply full right rudder

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

3 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

Is it possible to get that TDS mod shared? thanks!

Yeah once I work out the kinks.  Ideally the developer would integrate it separately from PMS.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Yea. Ditto on the tricycle. A 15 knot cross wind on taxi, saw me using MAX rudder deflection AND differential wheel braking to keep it on the centreline (barely). 

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I'm only using the non faring models so far - it's amazing piece of work.

edit:  I did try the taildragger and there are some weird behaviors indeed when taxiing with a crosswind.  Since everything is free castoring (I think) I had to give the pedals a bit of a jab to get it going where I wanted.  And don't forget proper aileron usage (into the wind) while taxiing!  Seemed to work okay at that point.  But does need a lot of power to get moving with a stiff crosswind.

My only two hopes would be for a way to change BARO to inHG and proper TDS integration so I don't have to do it haha.  And honestly having an option for a 650/Xi and GTN 430W would be appreciated.  I understand this is freeware and that stuff takes a lot of work.  But it would be more realistic to see a 650xi/650 and or a 430 in this model.

52654523260_4563b4da6a_k.jpgc152_mod by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52654603453_9f423c9c4e_k.jpgc1523 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I really think something is off with rudder control. In this 2.0, it can be an advantage not to fly with a 9 or 10 knot crosswind.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

17 hours ago, spilok said:

I don't know what EXACTLY was done to this 152, but I really love the plane now.  I enjoyed it before, but OMG, this plane is such a real joy to fly for the purpose I bought MSFS in the first place...VFR FLYING!  I really enjoyed flying around Penn State University (KUNV) today.  My Daughters graduated from there, and my Granddaughter is there now.  Wonderful topography there and the 152 really is in its element.

Stan

WE ARE____________

5 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yea. Ditto on the tricycle. A 15 knot cross wind on taxi, saw me using MAX rudder deflection AND differential wheel braking to keep it on the centreline (barely). 

Maximum crosswind component in a real C152 is 12 knots. I would never attempt much more than 10 IRL. 

Eddie
KABQ

Does anyone know how to toggle on and off the tablet?

Wow indeed, tried it out for the first time just now, amazing, my new favorite GA.

i9-10900K, Maximus Hero XIII, 32 GB, Win 10, 3080Ti