Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

C152 improvement mod V2 - Wow!...

Jarmstro: Very interesting comment about the PMDG 737 AP and this JPL V2.0 mod. I flew all weekend in both AC and noticed that the 737 would not even follow a basic HDG, let alone the Magenta Line. I will followup and see if this mod is the culprit. Thank you for the tip. I never would have put the two together. I just love this mod and I might just have to forego the 737 for awhile until this gets sorted. Hats off to you for the HU.

From the flightsim.to mod description:

"The addon does NOT replace the default C152, it creates a new aircraft."

From the flightsim.to mod FAQ:

"This mod replaces the default C152, it doesn't create a new aircraft!"

Which is correct?

6 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I did notice that the GNS530 doesn't work properly in the Mooney (it's bright white with no content). That's caused by the PMS though, they seem to have a fix for it already but haven't tried it yet.

Just tried: the fix doesn't seem to work. {MS GTN750 is just fine but GNS530 is still not working

That isn't the particular issue I had. I thinks that's with the new WT 530 plus PMS I believe? I do not have the WT 530 because that does break a number of planes autopilots.  What I was seeing with the 152 mod installed was the autopilot behaving strangely with things like no altitude capture. 

That did coincide with me updating the PMS so who knows? Anyway now I've uninstalled the 152 it is back to normal.

Edited by jarmstro

1 hour ago, jjn47 said:

From the flightsim.to mod description:

"The addon does NOT replace the default C152, it creates a new aircraft."

From the flightsim.to mod FAQ:

"This mod replaces the default C152, it doesn't create a new aircraft!"

Which is correct?

It creates a new aircraft (3 actually.) The FAQ must be from the old mod, which DID modify the default

• Like 3

Eddie
KABQ

14 hours ago, Paulcoy said:

Unable to fly in VR. It just CTD's. I know this is not the VR forum. But thought I'd ask here anyway

Worked just fine for me in VR last night (WMR, Reverb G2).

Very pleasant opening the windows during flight and hearing the noise go up, decent plane this.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

Very pleasant opening the windows during flight and hearing the noise go up, decent plane this.

True.  It is absolutely superb for freeware, plus the developers will continue to attend to it if they need to, or even improve it more where they can.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Love this aircraft 

Screenshot 2023-01-31 100638

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

8 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I do not have the WT 530 because that does break a number of planes autopilots.  What I was seeing with the 152 mod installed was the autopilot behaving strangely with things like no altitude capture. 

Oops!  Can you provide further details / links on this? I have installed the WT 430/530 mod, but didn't notice any problems in the Fenix A320 or the PMDG 737, but now I am curious about what aircraft are affected.

Thanks for the info @jarmstro !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

13 minutes ago, cagarini said:

Oops!  Can you provide further details / links on this? I have installed the WT 430/530 mod, but didn't notice any problems in the Fenix A320 or the PMDG 737, but now I am curious about what aircraft are affected.

Thanks for the info @jarmstro !

Quite a few third party planes. Here's what Matt from WT said about it on this forum a while back. I first noticed the issue when the WT 530 broke the P-750 XSTOL 

"Well, to be fair to both us and the aircraft developers, we do have to use a lot of the super recent features of the sim and many planes were made before those features and/or never bothered to hook some stuff up because it didn't work with the previous GNS. So we're working directly with nearly all of them to help guide them to updating their aircraft.

Of course, we could pull all that stuff out if desired that makes the GNS able to simulate all it simulates and then you'd have a stock featured GNS but with a really nice retro font. 😉"

ie. They are working on it with the Devs affected.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MarcG said:

Worked just fine for me in VR last night (WMR, Reverb G2).

I envy you. I used to love the original JP Logistics version, so couldn't wait to dive into this one. There doesn't seem to be any answers out there. Also I don't seem to be able to add this question on there Discord channel. No idea why. Thanks for your reply Paul  (Windows 10 Reverb G2)

1 hour ago, Paulcoy said:

I envy you. I used to love the original JP Logistics version, so couldn't wait to dive into this one. There doesn't seem to be any answers out there. Also I don't seem to be able to add this question on there Discord channel. No idea why. Thanks for your reply Paul  (Windows 10 Reverb G2)

If you are running DX12, try switching to DX11

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

40 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

If you are running DX12, try switching to DX11

Thanks. I was on DX11. But for some odd reason, I just had an MSFS update and now it works in VR

• Like 3

Well, it's a true Delight, including that taildragger version 😍

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...