Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Does anbody have any "inside" info about Aircraft Dispatcher Careers?

Hello,I am looking at a career change and I was wondering if anybody has any information about a career as aircraft dispatcher.I already know that the salary is pretty low to start but there is 6 figure potential after years of experience at a major airline. I also know that most courses are 5 week courses followed by FAA certification. I know some colleges have Bachelor Degree programs but I already have a 4 year degree and I don't want to go down that route again.Is this a worthy career option. Is it fairly easy to get a entry level job with a small carrier at least?Right now, the cost for school doesn't bother me too much and I don't mind starting off at the bottom. I just don't want to pay for the school, pass the test and not be able to find a job - that's what I am experiencing now. Most of the job outlook info I have found is from dispatcher schools and I am sure they are painting a rosy picture. I am wondering what the reality is.Lastly, are these jobs only available at corporate headquarters or are they available at hubs? For example, do you think there are dispatch jobs at places like DTW, TIP or PTK?Thanks for the info

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I just registered there but noticed some messages saying that I have to pay to post. Is this true or do I have to wait for a human to confirm my registering?

Thanks for the link. That site looks helpful for any aviation career.It looks like all members have to pay $10.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Another really good site that I found is http://www.avjobs.com/. It has a job board, salary information and career descriptions for just about every possible aviation related career. It is a pay site and it is not cheap but they have a ton of information. If you pay for the premium membership, you get resume management, practice interview questions and a email address.