Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

FSTraffic constantly causing MSFS 2020 CTD - RESOLVED

Hi, here is my experience with FSTraffic so far. Any suggestions as to how to resolve these problems would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased FSTraffic yesterday, and followed the Just Flight video instructions as to how to install the two files - which are visible in my community folder after install.

I start MSFS 2020 - select an airliner, airport and parking spot. When I select 'Ready to Fly' MSFS 2020 crashes to desktop. (never ever happened before)

I removed the FSTraffic folders from my community folder, opened MSFS 2020 and set the traffic options to those recommended by Just Flight in their video. I also opened FSTraffic Control to set and save the ground service to 'no ground services' in case it clashed with GSX as has been suggested. Put the FSTraffic files back into my community folder and restarted MSFS 2020. I still get CTD's when I hit 'Ready to Fly'

Just deactivated GSX, to eliminate as to whether this was causing a conflict, opened MSFS 2020 and again get a CTD when I hit 'Ready to Fly'

George Westwell

4 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

Hi, here is my experience with FSTraffic so far. Any suggestions as to how to resolve these problems would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased FSTraffic yesterday, and followed the Just Flight video instructions as to how to install the two files - which are visible in my community folder after install.

I start MSFS 2020 - select an airliner, airport and parking spot. When I select 'Ready to Fly' MSFS 2020 crashes to desktop. (never ever happened before)

I removed the FSTraffic folders from my community folder, opened MSFS 2020 and set the traffic options to those recommended by Just Flight in their video. I also opened FSTraffic Control to set and save the ground service to 'no ground services' in case it clashed with GSX as has been suggested. Put the FSTraffic files back into my community folder and restarted MSFS 2020. I still get CTD's when I hit 'Ready to Fly'

Just deactivated GSX, to eliminate as to whether this was causing a conflict, opened MSFS 2020 and again get a CTD when I hit 'Ready to Fly'

have  you tried  removing  gsx  from   the  community  folder

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Seems so basic but did you shut down your computer and restart at any stage after installing FS Traffic? This helps to clear memory and L2 cache and generally gives the software an opportunity to load everything in the correct sequence. Not always necessary but if you getting CTD's then a must try.

Cheers

Terry

• Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

EUREKA

I have found the cause and hence solution to my problem.

Like many of you, I have a number of folders permanently in my Community folder, and others I add or remove using Addon linker.

Through a process of elimination, and many hours, I identified that the folder for FlightControlReplay, which sat permanently in my Community folder, is and was the cause of the CTD, after having installed FSTraffic.

I tested by adding and removing it from my Community folder - when present I get the CTD, when removed, FSTraffic works just fine.

Hope some of the community finds this helpful

• Like 6

George Westwell

Thank you for this! It's a shame since I use FlightControlReplay in almost every flight I do. Hopefully there's a update for either to make compatible.

@SquadronLeader - I had the same problem and your solution worked. Many thanks!

should be  pinned  some  where 🙂  the  solution

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 1/28/2023 at 11:03 AM, SquadronLeader said:

EUREKA

I have found the cause and hence solution to my problem.

Like many of you, I have a number of folders permanently in my Community folder, and others I add or remove using Addon linker.

Through a process of elimination, and many hours, I identified that the folder for FlightControlReplay, which sat permanently in my Community folder, is and was the cause of the CTD, after having installed FSTraffic.

I tested by adding and removing it from my Community folder - when present I get the CTD, when removed, FSTraffic works just fine.

Hope some of the community finds this helpful

Well you just saved me a LOT of time!

Thank you.

Has anyone reported this to the devs?

17 hours ago, mikethe6th said:

Well you just saved me a LOT of time!

Thank you.

Has anyone reported this to the devs?

i posted this  thread  on their forum

Peter kelberg

Just curious, what is FlightControlReplay? Is this something you would knowingly install?

Regards

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker